Supply Chain Analyst
San Diego, CA
The Supply Chain Analyst is responsible for all aspects of inventory planning and cost analysis of raw materials to production facilities. The Analyst will coordinate with the Procurement department to report inventory adjustments and ensure moving average costs for finished goods are accurate.
The Analyst will assist with financial reports for Bumble Bee owned factories. This position requires use of analytical and quantitative methods to make sure inventory is deployed most effectively through the Supply Chain to keep transportation costs low and maximize customer order fulfillment. The Supply Chain Analyst will execute inventory management strategies to support company objectives and financial goals.
- Customer Focus – Achieve and maintain alignment in the supply chain between suppliers, Bumble Bee Seafoods, and Finance
- Works with Operations, QA, IT, Sales, and Marketing to coordinate schedules and other supply chain activities where demand exceeds supply, during supply shortages, where event timing necessitates an inventory build, or where non-standard actions are required (i.e., pre-planning for special package features i.e. coupons, graphics or size changes
- Work daily with Resourcing, Revenue Management, Procurement, and Operations to ensure all costing models and data are up to date and variances explained.
- Take action to forecast and prevent inventory issues, or to escalate and communicate them well in advance. Implement strategies to manage inventory issues with limited impact to customers.
- Lead weekly meetings with Trade and Purchasing to document global supply for products managed and clearly communicate supply status to the entire company
- Work directly with suppliers to gain information needed to perform needed tasks and assist Resourcing or Procurement in product needs
- Technical Expertise – Develop and communicate inventory strategies for assigned product groups, manage execution
- Anticipates total network inventory position impacts of sales promotional/seasonal volume projections, new item introductions and obsolete item discontinuation and manages appropriate SAP system parameters to meet inventory targets.
- Assess total system inventory position by product to determine best economic solution to meeting future demand. Must be capable of using expertise and analysis to make business decisions and judgments independently.
- Work closely with planning and factories to ensure product is delivered on a timely basis and minimize overstock of raw material.
- Master SAP and SeaSoft to create purchase orders and stock transport orders daily, keep data current and accurate at all times
- Provide recommendations to improve service, quality of work, and reduce costs through process or execution improvements
- Perform other functions or services as required or assigned
- Development – Develop yourself against the competency profiles for successful leaders at Bumble Bee Foods.
- Results – Be accountable for the following metrics:
- Cost of Goods Reporting and understanding all variances
- Transportation mode compliance and spend targets
- Accuracy of in transit data in SAP and timeliness of transactional data
- Education: Four-year college degree in business, or related field.
- Planning systems training like ERP/DRP/MRP/MPS is desired.
- Experience in relevant areas: 3–5 years’ experience in Supply chain, purchasing, forecasting, demand management inventory control, production scheduling, master scheduling, capacity management, materials management, or distribution resource planning; preferably in the consumer-packaged goods industry.
- Skills: Strong mathematical skills, strong quantitative and analytical skills, familiar with supply and demand planning concepts; broad range of computer skills – especially MS Excel, and other software packages; self-directed; ability to communicate findings, make recommendations and facilitate change; comfortable working with individuals at all organizational levels; project management skills. Ability to manage many details with a high level of accuracy; ability to establish timelines and meet deadlines; excellent interpersonal and communications skills; skill in prioritizing workloads; ability to initiate, coordinate and move forward on planned activities.
- Management Skills: Decision making, collaboration, problem solving, meeting facilitation, ability to incorporate multiple views (customer, marketing, manufacturing, distribution, warehousing, etc.) in the supply chain planning process, strong critical, conceptual and analytical thinking, and good business judgment.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Bumble Bee Foods, LLC Human Resources Representative.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.