Supply Chain Data Analyst
San Diego, CA
The Supply Chain Data Analyst will provide support on evolving Bumble Bee supply chain business to be data driven and automation focused. This bright individual will work individually or with SCDA team to build analytical solutions to show business insights or automate business processes for business effectiveness. The data science competence, critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for this role.
This role will focus on two primary responsibilities, data analytics and process automation.
- Data Analytics
- Identify valuable data sources and enhance the data collection process
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data, provide data mapping to IT for data factory / data lake process
- Work with IT to extract required data into DataMart library, and maintain the data quality and consistency
- Use basic data science techniques to understand the patterns in large volumes of data, identify relationships, correlate disparate datasets, detect data anomalies, and classify data sets.
- Design and build analytical data models and basic ML algorithms for in-depth data analysis and business problem solving
- Develop complex data visualizations, interactive dashboards for data-driven recommendations and decisions
- Process Automation
- Define current business flow, and measure how effective the current process is
- Analyze what the pain points are, and root cause, then identify the opportunities of automation
- Design and implement automated solutions in Power Automate and Power App, and work collaboratively with IT if any technical support needed.
- Maintain SCDA SharePoint Site
- Assist in user training sessions on various tools
- BS/BA in Business Analytics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or relevant field
- 4+ years of experience working with and creating data architectures and models
- Understanding of data science, machine-learning, and operations research
- Programming skills in R, SQL, and Python; familiarity with VB, Java is an asset
- Experience using data analytics platforms, such as Power BI, Power Query, Qlik
- Strong skills in Power Platform, Excel, SharePoint and other MS O365 applications
- Experience in SAP, and SAP BI, basic understanding of SAP tables is preferred
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra) and problem-solving aptitude
- Good rapport builder with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must be able to communicate clearly and concisely with various levels of the business in non-technical terms
- Strong collaboration skills; must be able to collaborate and work with other team members easily and effectively
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.