Supply Chain Intern
San Diego, CA
This intern will provide support to various departments within Supply Chain as needed. The Supply Chain is comprised of the following departments: Sales Support Services, Master Data, Supply Planning, Demand Planning, Procurement, Transportation, Logistics (Warehouse and Inventory Management) and Operations (Manufacturing).
The length of time spent with each department is highly variable and dependent on the needs of the business at the time. It is not uncommon for an intern to flex time between multiple functional areas at once. This position will likely interact with all areas of the business including supply chain, sales, customers, IT, finance, plants, carriers, warehouses and vendors. The length of this internship will be determined by the successful completion of the tasks outlined during each rotation.
- Sales Support:
- Receive and process customer orders, ensuring orders meet Company policies relating to pricing, promotions, lead-time, weight, etc.
- Identify and resolve service issues. Quickly identify the source of a problem, gather and analyze information related to the issue, and devise a solution that best meets both the Company’s and the customer’s needs.
- analytical projects to identify opportunities for efficiencies and cost savings
- Supply Chain Planner Support:
- Work daily with distribution centers, transportation, and customer service to ensure 98.5% order fulfillment and prevent customer shortages
- Take action to forecast and prevent inventory issues, or to escalate and communicate them well in advance. Implement strategies to manage inventory issues with limited impact to customers.
- Assess total system inventory position by product/SKU to determine best economic solution to meeting customer orders and future demand. Must be capable of using expertise and analysis to make business decisions and judgments independently
- Review and close sales orders for Procurement ingredient sales to Co-Packers
- Update market pricing data weekly for certain commodity markets
- Review salmon grading data from QA and issue the report to the corresponding suppliers (only applicable from July-Oct).
- Upload signed contracts in CMS and track compliance
- Demand Planning Support:
- Provide direct analytical support highlighting forecast accuracy and trends that help improve the forecast errors.
- Work with Sales, Marketing, Procurement, and Planning to better understand supply needs to drive forecast accuracy.
- Deliver forecast accuracy KPIs that drive inventory and service levels that meet or exceed targeted goals.
- Assist in developing Consensus Review deck, provide analysis of risk/opportunities and communicate updated projections.
- Master Data Support:
- Facilitate set-up and maintenance of Customer Master records
- Distribute required monthly reporting measures for other departments
- Data cleanse of Document Info Records (DIRs) in DMS
- Logistics Support:
- Assist in the reconciliation of daily EDI errors
- Analyze inventory issues and trends within the DC network, recommending corrective actions
- Analyze aging and damage inventory trends, present findings and recommendations for improvements
- Assist in the DC invoicing and financial reporting process
- Process raw material receipts and close orders from various Co-Packing facilities identifying discrepancies to the appropriate Supply Chain team member(s).
- Assist team in daily warehouse operations and communications.
- Miscellaneous analytical reporting projects focused on cost and operations efficiencies.
- Transportation Support:
- Load planning and research, utilizing the TMS.
- Enter Carrier invoices in TMS and ensure timely resolution of discrepancies. Ensure Carrier invoices are processed timely, resulting in Carrier aging within terms.
- Research customer logistics deductions, providing supporting documentation for dispute. This includes deductions for shortages, returns, and penalty deductions.
- Accurate and timely filing and collection of freight claims, with supporting documentation.
- analytical projects, as assigned.
- Supply Chain Data Analytics Support:
- Perform basic data architect and data modeling functions
- Maintain library of data analytics projects and tasks
- Assist with basic business process automation
- College degree with a BA/BS in logistics, business management, supply chain or equivalent business discipline a plus.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills; able to work with large data extracts, creating formats and formulas to obtain data based next step solutions.
- Ability to function in a multi-task environment.
- Must be able to set priorities and demonstrate a high organizational level in an environment of ever-changing needs. Must be innovative, assertive, and capable of anticipating needs.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and sensitivity to deadlines.
- Strong teamwork skills including cross-functional collaboration.
- Computer literate: proficient in Excel (ex: able to use filters, pivot tables and V-Lookups to efficiently analyze and manipulate spreadsheet data).
- This position is at an office desk, sedentary work.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.