Supply Chain Planner
San Diego, CA
The Supply Chain Planner is responsible for production planning and deployment of inventory within the assigned product areas. This position requires use of analytical and quantitative methods to make sure inventory is deployed most effectively through the Supply Chain network to minimize redeployment, keep transportation costs low, and maximize customer order fulfillment. The Supply Chain Planner will manage and execute a master plan and adhere to inventory management strategies to support the company market plans and financial goals.
- Supply Planning – Responsible for all aspects of the supply planning with contract manufactures and inventory investments for the assigned planning activities to achieve defined customer service strategies, inventory, and EBITDA objectives.
- Creates and manages the detailed production plan in SAP with respect to required customer fill rates, target inventory levels, and capacity constraints for contract packager
- Works with contract packager and Procurement Dept. on DRP load versus capacity. Identify priorities and work together to reconcile production while meeting business objectives
- Communicates inabilities from Procurement and contract packager to meet desired production targets and identifies solutions to correct the plan
- Partners with the Demand Team to develop a balanced demand & supply plan and manage the planning trade-offs.
- Manages the integration of supply planning for new product launches with key stakeholders and manages the exit of discontinued items in the most efficient way (minimizing the cost of excess & obsolete inventory).
- Manage the excess inventory process for assigned product groups. Facilitate sale inventory to secondary accounts, transfer inventory to alternate DC’s to minimize excess, or to identify product to repack.
- Master SAP to create purchase orders and stock transport orders daily and keep all data current and accurate at all times to ensure efficient inventory across the network
- Provide recommendations to improve service, quality of work, and reduce costs through process or execution improvements
- Customer Focus – Achieve and maintain alignment in the supply chain between suppliers, Bumble Bee Foods, and the Customer
- Works with Customer Service, Operations, QA, Technology, Sales, and Marketing to coordinate schedules and other supply chain activities where demand exceeds supply, during supply shortages, where event timing necessitates an inventory build, or where non-standard actions are required (i.e., pre-planning for special package features i.e. coupons, graphics or size changes) Ensures 98.5% order fulfillment to prevent stockouts or customer shortages
- Engage in weekly supply planning review meetings to document global supply for products managed and clearly communicate supply status
- Bachelor’s degree in business, or related field
- 1-3 years minimum experience required in a supply chain planning role
- Experience in relevant areas: Supply chain, purchasing, forecasting, demand management inventory control, production scheduling, master scheduling, capacity management, materials management, or distribution resource planning
- Planning systems experience like ERP/DRP/MRP/MPS is preferred
- Strong mathematical skills, strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Broad range of computer skills – especially MS Excel and MS Office Suites
- Project management skills.
- Ability to manage many details with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to establish timelines and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong key stakeholder and relationship management skills
Compensation and Benefits
The health, satisfaction and security of our team members and their families are important to us and an important part of reaching our organization’s goals. We offer a total rewards package that includes valuable and competitive compensation and benefit plans. These programs reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining top talent. The compensation for this role includes base salary and eligibility for an annual bonus based on company performance. All incentive plans are subject to change.
The pay range for this role is $66,560 – $80,000 annually.
*The compensation will be commensurate with the level of knowledge, education, skills, and experience applicable to the position.
We understand that each team member’s situation is unique, and so it is our intent to offer an overall benefits package that can be shaped and molded by each team member to fit their family’s needs. Our current benefits package, which is available to all full-time team members and their eligible dependents, includes:
- medical insurance
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- HSA & FSA
- life insurance and disability insurance
- and other voluntary benefits
We also offer time-off benefits including:
- paid time-off
- sick-flex time
- 12 company paid holidays
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Bumble Bee Foods, LLC Human Resources Representative.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.