San Diego, CA
The Treasury Analyst is an integral member of the corporate Treasury team. The Treasury Analyst will collaborate with internal stakeholders (accounting, finance, tax, legal, IT, business segments) and external partners (including relationship banks, treasury service providers) across a variety of corporate treasury activities. The Treasury Analyst will assist with daily treasury operations activities as well as support the Treasurer on the strategic side of treasury. This position will seek to build efficiencies and improve treasury processes, documentation, procedures, and management reporting to help build a best-in-class treasury organization to support the company’s growth and strategy. The ideal candidate is a self-starter eager for an opportunity in the management of corporate treasury at a leading consumer packaged goods company. The company will support continued professional development in the field of treasury and finance to include professional certifications such as AFP’s Certified Treasury Professional® (CTP).
- Perform daily cash management operations – determine the company’s daily cash position, analyze/optimize the short-term borrowing needs, and facilitate internal controls for cash movements
- Manage the corporate card program administration – provide exceptional customer service to our cardholders, communicate issues with our card provider, execute approved program changes, make appropriate updates via user administration, and troubleshoot/resolve cardholder usage difficulties
- Daily Bank Reconciliations ensuring our system of record (SAP) agrees with daily cash positions reported by the company’s bank statements.
- Perform administrative tasks in providing Treasury’s input to the daily Accounts Payable payment proposal process (i.e. provide necessary segregation of duties required for moving cash)
- Track a selection of daily foreign currency relationships and enter closing rates into SAP as the various markets close around the world
- Prepare Treasury month- and quarter-end reporting for various stakeholders
- Provide information in connection with the external and internal audits and monitor cash management activities to ensure compliance
- Work with the company’s business units to support preparation of the company’s monthly cash flow forecasts and other cash and borrowing projection models
- Support the company’s corporate hedging program – create and maintain reporting schedules, compliance documentation, trade settlements, and monthly presentation. Conduct supportive analysis for the Treasurer as needed.
- Assist Treasurer with preparing regulatory reporting- FBAR, FATCA, Dodd-Frank, SOX, etc.
- Gain intimate knowledge of the vendors managed by Treasury / Risk and the relevant sections of our general ledger enabling the ability to process invoices with proper coding to enable the most efficient processing for our partners in Accounts Payable, including the set up and approval of new vendors.
- Support corporate accounting, corporate tax, business planning, internal audit, and other functions as they relate to Treasury transactions.
- Monitor/Report on monthly bank account analysis fees and provide recommendations to management to reduce spend and optimize banking structure
- Bachelor’s degree required bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, or related field preferred.
- CTP designation or progress towards CTP certification preferred.
- Previous experience and expertise in Microsoft Office applications required Moderate to advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and show discretion in interactions with employees and third-party business partners.
- Strong analytical capabilities and strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Self-starter who is drawn towards taking initiative, can multi-task, has strong interpersonal skills with an ability to respond to inquiries and effectively present information to business managers.
- Ability to quickly understand complex transactions, identify and define problems, collect supporting data, establish facts, propose solutions, and meet deadlines
- Strong customer service skills with a positive and energetic attitude.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.