Vice President Sales: Mass/Club/Drug/Military
Sales & Marketing
The Vice President Sales: Mass/Club/Drug/Military will lead a group of Sales Leaders in developing and executing Sales strategy and deliverables for the Company. This position will be responsible for the specific retailers within defined channel to drive efficiencies, holistic opportunities, work with internal multi-functional teams. This person will provide strategic, tactical, and executional leadership in utilizing category, customer, and consumer insight information to support development and execution of effective sales initiatives at The Bumble Bee Seafood Company. Furthermore, they will be expected to achieve the strategic sales strategy of the Company through strong collaboration across the Sales, Customer Development (Trade Marketing), Customer Logistics, and Brand Marketing departments.
The Vice President Sales position is accountable for developing a high-performance sales team and deliver company volume, net revenue and gross margin objectives.
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
- Work effectively as part of an integrated Sales, Customer Development (Trade Marketing), Customer Logistics, and Brand Marketing Team to develop and execute broad-based business strategies that grow top line and bottom-line results and drive market growth
- Identify new business development opportunities for profitable and sustainable growth.
- Build an effective customer joint business plan to deliver company objectives and execute across key fundamentals.
- Develop a professional, talented, and motivated team of Sales professionals that can enable Bumble Bee Seafoods to be a best-in-class performer as we execute our strategic and tactical sales initiatives. This includes identifying needs and providing access to personal and professional development.
- Utilize data analytics to expand our presence not only in center store (greater shelf space, efficient assortment, product placement, expanded footprint of shelf stable seafood) but also to expand our penetration to other grocery segments (snacking, prepared meals, deli, refrigerated, cash register, etc.)
- Establish industry and leadership business partnerships that translates to business results.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS DESIRED
- BA or BS required in business or related field; MBA strongly preferred
- 10+ years of Sales leadership experience in the US CPG industry
- 10+ years of direct Wal-Mart selling and relationship experience
- Highly adept and capable of building and maintaining trusting partnerships and relationships across business unit leaders as well as with the company’s external consumer, wholesale, and cross-functional partners
- Strong communication skills
- Proactive and customer focused approach to their position
- Demonstrated experience with attracting, developing, and retaining talent
- Experience with multiple channels of distribution in Sales
- Advanced executive presentation skills with PowerPoint and financial modeling in Excel
- Able to travel 25% of the time
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The health, satisfaction and security of our team members and their families are important to us and an important part of reaching our organization’s goals. We offer a total rewards package that includes valuable and competitive compensation and benefit plans. These programs reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining top talent. The compensation for this role includes base salary and eligibility for an annual bonus based on company performance. All incentive plans are subject to change.
- The salary range for this role is $159,486-$296,188 *Compensation will be commensurate with level of knowledge, education, skills, and experience applicable to the position.
We understand that each team member’s situation is unique, and so it is our intent to offer an overall benefits package that can be shaped and molded by each team member to fit their family’s needs. Our current benefits package, which is available to all full-time team members and their eligible dependents, includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, medical savings accounts, life and disability coverage, and other voluntary benefits. We also offer time off benefits including vacation pay, flexible vacation for exempt positions with sick leave. Please note, however, that The Bumble Bee Seafood Company, in its sole discretion, may modify the above benefits package.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Bumble Bee Foods, LLC Human Resources Representative.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.