Careers > Job Listings
Canning Fish Plant Workers – NOC 95107
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
The positions listed under NOC Code 95107 are hourly paid positions in various departments throughout the facility. These positions are Heavy Labor positions so applicants can be expected to perform duties related to any and all heavy labor duties.
These positions can be responsible for unloading incoming fish from our fishing vessels as well as transporting the unloaded fish into our processing area for work. They may also be responsible for transporting both our canned goods, and company supplies, throughout the facility (our Plant/Processing areas in addition to our Warehouse areas) manually or through the use of powered equipment (lift trucks or hand lifts).
They can also be tasked with manually handling our frozen fish products, and manually handling our fresh fish products for freezing (for later production requirements). They can be tasked with sorting incoming fish by size, weight, and final destination according to daily production requirements. These positions can be responsible for weighing our canned products to ensure the proper weight specifications are met each day. These positions can be responsible for weighing, recording each weight, and packing our fish in ice. Lastly, these positions can be tasked with measuring, and dumping, ingredients into the hoppers of our mixing & grinding machines.
- Unloading fish from fishing vessels.
- Transporting unloaded fish to processing work areas.
- Transporting canned goods and company supplies throughout the facility.
- Manually handling frozen fish for processing.
- Manually handling fresh fish for freezing.
- Sorting incoming fish by production requirements (size, weight, location).
- Weighing canned goods to ensure weight requirements/specifications are met.
- Weighing, recording, and packing fish into ice.
- Must be physically capable of heavy labor.
- Must be physically capable of lifting weights upwards of 50 lbs. frequently.
- Must be physically capable of bending, crouching, and/or squatting frequently.
- Must be physically capable of standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
- Must be physically capable of pushing and/or pulling with a hand lift.
- Must be physically capable of holding, lifting, and/or pushing fish products (both frozen and fresh).
- Must be able to sort fish by daily specifications (weight, size, etc.).
- Must be able to operate a company weight scale.
- Must be able to record all documented weights in company logs (either by hand or with computerized equipment).
Working Conditions & Physical Capacities:
This position can be physically demanding at times, with any combination of standing, sitting, walking, crouching, and/or squatting for periods of time during the assigned shift on cement floors. Additionally, lifting, pulling, and/or pushing weights upwards of 50 lbs. frequently during the duration of the shift can be expected. Excessive noise may be experienced during periods of high production (depending on location within the facility), as well as cold/hot temperatures above the normal level (depending on location within the facility).
- Our 4-year Collective Agreement is in place to provide annual wage increases of 4%, 3%, 2%, & 2% over the next 4 years (2022 – 2025).
- Overtime rates of 1.5x after 40 hours worked in a single week.
- Employees are paid on a weekly basis.
- Shift premium of an extra $0.75/hour after 3pm (Shift start time of 3pm or later).
- Shift premium of an extra $1.00/hour after 11pm (Shift start time 11pm or later).
- Twelve Company Paid Holidays each year.
- Vacation Entitlement that increases with each year of service.
- A Benefits Plan that allows employees to maintain all medical benefits during lay-off period(s).
- Various work scheduling options (days, afternoons, and evenings).
- Most positions within the facility are Monday – Friday (day shift) with the occasional weekend and overtime.
- On the Job training.
- Company Sponsored Pension.
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (Available upon Completion of Probationary Period).
Please feel free to send along a resume, or application, to any of the following places:
Human Resources, Connors Bros., A Division Of Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp.
180 Brunswick Street, Blacks Harbour, N.B. E5H 1G6
By clicking on the above “Apply” link.
Canadian Roots. Passionate about Seafood. Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp first captured the flavour of the sea way back in 1871 when we founded the first cannery on the Fraser River in British Columbia. Since then, we’ve expanded operations nationwide so we can provide delicious, nutritious seafood for all Canadians. When you join Clover Leaf Seafoods, Bumble Bee Seafoods International or Connors Bros., you become part of a company that, together with our parent company, Bumble Bee Seafoods, is working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. From fishers to our employees, to customers, consumers, and to the communities we serve, we base our actions on shared, transparent values that hold us accountable to each other and the world.
In connection with our values and commitment to people first, at Clover Leaf Seafood Company, we believe in a diverse and inclusive culture where self-expression is not only welcome, but fundamental to doing good in the world. Clover Leaf Seafood Corp. is committed to equal opportunity. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, place of origin, creed or religion, age, disability, marital status, family status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political belief or activity or any other grounds covered by the applicable provincial human rights legislation.
Locations for Canada:
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
Saint John, New Brunswick
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.