Careers > Job Listings
Cape May, NJ
Essential Duties These duties directly and substantially serve to achieve the purpose of the position.
- Day to day management of the General Ledger
- Identification of, and research of accounting issues as to support accounting positions
- Prepares the annual budget and latest estimate forecasts
- Coordinates the month end and year end closings
- Prepares accurate and timely monthly financial statements and delivers such results in accordance with the accounting timetable.
- Prepares reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs and explains variances.
- Prepares timely and accurate journal entries, as required in completing the monthly financial close process.
- Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Reviews and approves all Capital Project CERs before submission to Corporate.
- Forecasts Capital Spending on a monthly basis.
- Prepares and maintains validation schedules to ensure general ledger accounts reconcile to sub ledger records.
- Ensure plant expenses are posted correctly to the proper accounts and cost centers.
- Approve requisitions, purchase orders and invoices as needed.
- Assist Plant GM with various analyses as directed.
- Support Operations in analyzing factory performance
- Settle Maintenance work orders.
- Assist management with accounting issues (vendor set up, expense reporting).
- Manage Accounting, Inventory, & Logistics functions.
- Complete safety assignments
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety rules and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Other duties to be assigned
Education/ Expensive/ Skills Required
- BA or BS degree and 5 years minimum experience with cost accounting (Manufacturing environment is a plus)
- Ability to present to multiple layers of the organization.
- Strong cost accounting skills
- Detail oriented with excellent accounting reconciliation and analytical skills.
- SAP Power User
- Excellent MS Office software technical skills, with emphasis on Excel.
- Strong organizational abilities, effective time management skills.
- Ability to handle competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to collaborate cross functionally
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Bumble Bee Foods, LLC Human Resources Representative.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.