Cape May, NJ
Bumble Bee Seafoods is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager who will oversee the maintenance and engineering department. The Engineering Manager is an experienced engineer with extensive knowledge in controls, electrical engineering, reliability systems and predictive and preventative maintenance in today’s fast past manufacturing environments. They will also have significant experience in managing maintenance spend and leading capital projects to successful completion.
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
- Manage the maintenance spend against budget and implement cost saving where appropriate
- Identify areas of improvement in the operation based on data information
- Drive overall cost reduction in plant spend through reliability improvements
- Implement and maintain preventative/ predictive maintenance systems to improve reliability
- Oversee parts supply and develop strategies to maintain appropriate levels
- Balance workload with contractors and ensure overall spend in on or under budget
- Stays up to date with industry trends in reliability systems for manufacturing
- Other duties as assigned
Education/ Experience/ Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical or controls is preferred)
- Master’s in engineering or related field preferred
- 5+ years in leading engineering teams or maintenance departments in manufacturing
- Excellent controls knowledge with the ability to troubleshoot (preferred Allen Brady)
- Strong electrical troubleshooting experience (preferred)
- Time management skills and the ability to work towards meeting multiple deadlines simultaneously
- In-depth knowledge of Power BI, Excel, and SAP (Focus on the maintenance PM management portion)
- Demonstrated success in managing maintenance and capital budgets
- Delivered OEE improvements in high-speed manufacturing environment
- Ability or analyze, interpret and organize large amounts of data
- Excellent time management and people leadership skills
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Bumble Bee Foods, LLC Human Resources Representative.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.