Cape May, NJ
To assist production workers.
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
These duties directly and substantially serve to achieve the purpose of the position.
- Scale ingredients, transport ingredients
- Examine products to verify conformance to quality standards
- Open rejected cans
- Operate meat dumper equipment, transfer raw materials to batch containers
- Perform prep work for kitchen
- Load and unload items from machines, conveyors, and conveyances
- Operate/use the following equipment as necessary: materials transferred carts, shovels, electric can opener
- Hand palletize 8-ounce six pack cases, or other cases in the event of a palletizer breakdown
- Assist in other production departments as assigned
- Company with all company procedures and policies, including safety rules and Good Manufacturing Practices
Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Bump cap, hearing protection, hair net, beard net, eye protection, gloves, slip resistant, steel toe shoes, uniform, face shield if welding, back support belt, COVID-19 protection.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
- Climbing, Balancing, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Crawling, Reaching, Standing, Walking, Pushing, Pulling, Lifting, Hand and finger work, Grasping, Feeling, Talking, Hearing, Vision, Repetitive motions:
Degree of physical exertion required for the position.
- Heavy Work: Exerting up to 50 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects
Environmental conditions the employee will be subject to in this position.
- Inside & Outside environmental conditions, Extreme cold, Extreme heat, Noise, Vibration, Hazard, Atmospheric conditions (Fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation), Oils, Humidity, Respirator (required)
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to read/write, speak and comprehend English and/or Spanish
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.