Careers > Job Listings
Hourly Fish Plant Workers – NOC 9463
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
These positions listed under NOC Code 9463 are hourly paid positions in various departments throughout the facility. These positions are related to positions such as Machine Operators, Quality Control (QC) Inspectors, and Fish Trimmers that exist within the Blacks Harbour Facility.
These positions are responsible for setting up, and operating, machines to clean, cut, cook, smoke, or otherwise process the fish according to daily production requirements. They may also be responsible for setting up, and operating, machines to can, box, or otherwise package the fish product according to order/shipment requirements.
These positions can be responsible for accurately recording any necessary production information, such as the quality, quantity, weight, date, and the type of product packaged. They may also be responsible for manually checking the raw, canned, and/or packaged fish product for defects and ensuring all product conform to Company standards.
Lastly, these positions can be responsible for checking the raw fish product to determine optimal number, and size, of fish selections, in addition to cutting the product to these specifications before placing product in container/cans for weighing.
- Setting up, and operating, machines to clean, cut, cook, smoke, or otherwise process fish as per daily requirements.
- Setting up, and operating, machines to can, box, or otherwise package processed fish product.
- Recording product information when necessary, such as:
- Quality of product,
- Quantity of product produced (or incoming),
- Weight of product,
- Date processed/packaged,
- Type of product.
- Manually checking raw, canned, or packaged fish products for defects.
- Ensuring each product checked conforms to Company standards.
- Determining optimal number, and size, of fish selections.
- Cut sections according to daily specifications.
- Placing product into container/can for weighing.
- Must be physically capable of standing, and/or walking for extended periods of time.
- Must be capable of operating various machines to clean, cut, cook, smoke, or otherwise process fish (training provided).
- Must be capable of operating various machines to can, box, or otherwise package processed fish products (training provided).
- Must be able to record necessary information in company logs (either by hand or with computerized equipment).
- Must be capable of inspecting fish product (raw, canned, or packaged) for defects.
- Must be capable of following company policies and ensuring product conforms to standards.
- Must be capable of handling raw fish product for processing.
- Must be capable of cutting (manually or with company equipment) fish into designated selections for daily production requirements.
Working Conditions & Physical Capacities:
This position can be physically demanding at times, with any combination of standing, sitting, walking, crouching, and/or squatting for periods of time during the assigned shift on cement floors. Additionally, operation of company machines may require some pushing, pulling, and/or lifting of weights upwards of 50 lbs. frequently during the assigned shift. Excessive noise may be experienced during periods of high production (depending on location within the facility), as well as cold/hot temperatures above the normal level (depending on location within the facility).
- Our 4-year Collective Agreement is in place to provide annual wage increases of 4%, 3%, 2%, & 2% over the next 4 years (2022 – 2025).
- Overtime rates of 1.5x after 40 hours worked in a single week.
- Employees are paid on a weekly basis.
- Shift premium of an extra $0.75/hour after 3pm (Shift start time of 3pm or later).
- Shift premium of an extra $1.00/hour after 11pm (Shift start time 11pm or later).
- Twelve Company Paid Holidays each year.
- Vacation Entitlement that increases with each year of service.
- A Benefits Plan that allows employees to maintain all medical benefits during lay-off period(s).
- Various work scheduling options (days, afternoons, and evenings).
- Most positions within the facility are Monday – Friday (day shift) with the occasional weekend and overtime.
- On the Job training.
- Company Sponsored Pension.
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (Available upon Completion of Probationary Period).
Please feel free to send along a resume, or application, to any of the following places:
Human Resources, Connors Bros., A Division Of Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp.
180 Brunswick Street, Blacks Harbour, N.B. E5H 1G6
By clicking on the above “Apply” link.
Canadian Roots. Passionate about Seafood. Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp first captured the flavour of the sea way back in 1871 when we founded the first cannery on the Fraser River in British Columbia. Since then, we’ve expanded operations nationwide so we can provide delicious, nutritious seafood for all Canadians. When you join Clover Leaf Seafoods, Bumble Bee Seafoods International or Connors Bros., you become part of a company that, together with our parent company, Bumble Bee Seafoods, is working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. From fishers to our employees, to customers, consumers, and to the communities we serve, we base our actions on shared, transparent values that hold us accountable to each other and the world.
In connection with our values and commitment to people first, at Clover Leaf Seafood Company, we believe in a diverse and inclusive culture where self-expression is not only welcome, but fundamental to doing good in the world. Clover Leaf Seafood Corp. is committed to equal opportunity. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, place of origin, creed or religion, age, disability, marital status, family status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political belief or activity or any other grounds covered by the applicable provincial human rights legislation.
Locations for Canada:
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
Saint John, New Brunswick
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.