Sante Fe Springs, CA
To provide adequate maintenance to keep equipment uptime and efficiency at 85% as a minimum of general production, utilities and facilities related equipment to efficiently meet quality standards and production daily requirements.
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
- Responsible for planning and performing job tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintains and repairs general production, utilities and facility equipment.
- Properly lubricates equipment, bearings and gearboxes.
- Promptly attends a breakdown or malfunction.
- Check belts, rollers, gears, sprockets, chain etc. for wear to replace/repair prior to failure.
- Rebuild pumps, valves, gearboxes and all general equipment.
- Perform pipe fitting and welding for various metals and materials.
- Perform maintenance and repair of facility to include plumbing, doors, walls, floors, roof, ceiling and general repairs.
- Perform maintenance and repair of forklifts as required.
- Disassemble and assemble fillers for sanitation in a timely manner.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment parts, tools, oil/grease barrels clean, orderly and stored in the right location.
- Supports training of new mechanic employees.
- Installs new equipment as required.
- Repair and/or fabrication of guards, guides, rails, etc. as required.
- Works from manufacturer’s manuals and specifications to keep equipment and machinery in proper working condition.
- Works closely with the Central Parts Clerk to assure all critical and spare parts for the equipment are readily available. Ensure all parts obtained from the storage room are properly documented in order to avoid discrepancies during cycle counts.
- Ensures the preventive maintenance program (PM) is followed, and tasks are completed as scheduled.
- Ensures all preventive and corrective maintenance activities are properly documented.
- Ensures that a good working relationship with other areas and the entire maintenance team is maintained.
- Verbally reports the status of activities to manager on a daily basis.
- Will be required to collaborate and work with other team members easily and effectively with maintaining good rapport with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Will be required to have excellent oral and written communication skills; must be able to communicate clearly and concisely with various levels of the business in non-technical terms.
- Will be expected to take initiative, drive results and have a customer focus mind-set.
- Operate industrial forklifts and pallet jacks as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Provides support to other areas when required.
- Troubleshoots and identifies ways to increase equipment performance and production speeds for improvement of efficiency.
- Assist with painting of facility as required.
- Handles basic electrical work as required.
- Attend all employee plant-wide meetings.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures including safety rules and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- High School diploma or equivalent; Technical School preferred.
- Ability to read/write speak and comprehend English preferred. Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Previous mechanical experience preferred.
- Able to identify and correct various production, utilities and facilities equipment problems. Includes troubleshooting and correcting mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and small electrical issues on process and facilities equipment.
- Knowledgeable about metric and standard fasteners, bearings, gears, gearboxes, sprockets, chain, tabletop chain rail spacing, etc.
- Knowledgeable about the relationship between equipment and conveyor speeds and production output.
- Proficient in tool selection for each job.
- Proficient at measuring with tape measure and calipers.
- Proficient at reading blueprints and equipment manuals.
- Ability to use a variety of standard machine shop and hand tools: drill, saw, taps, dies, hand tools, drill press, hydraulic press, horizontal saw, vertical saw and bench grinder.
- Experience in fabrication, knowledge of metals and welding is desired. Ability to MIG and heliarc weld preferred.
- Ability to operate mill and lathe preferred.
- Ability to thread and bend pipe preferred.
- Some knowledge of analog and digital instrumentation and control systems is preferred.
- May participate in a practical exam before placement in position.
- Basic computer experience (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc) required. Experience with Preventative Maintenance Databases and Software (i.e. SAP) is preferred.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The health, satisfaction and security of our team members and their families are important to us and an important part of reaching our organization’s goals. We offer a total rewards package that includes valuable and competitive compensation and benefit plans. These programs reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining top talent. The compensation for this role includes base salary and eligibility for an annual bonus based on company performance. All incentive plans are subject to change.
The salary range for this role is $30/hr-$38/hr *Compensation to commensurate with level of knowledge, education, skills, and experience applicable to the position.
We understand that each team member’s situation is unique, and so it is our intent to offer an overall benefits package that can be shaped and molded by each team member to fit their family’s needs. Our current benefits package, which is available to all full-time team members and their eligible dependents, includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, medical savings accounts, life and disability coverage, and other voluntary benefits. We also offer time off benefits including vacation pay, flexible vacation for exempt positions with sick leave. Please note, however, that The Bumble Bee Seafood Company, in its sole discretion, may modify the above benefits package.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Bumble Bee Foods, LLC Human Resources Representative.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.