Santa Fe Springs, CA
To provide adequate maintenance to keep equipment uptime and efficiency at 85% as a minimum of general production, utilities and facilities related equipment to efficiently meet quality standards and production daily requirements.
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
- Responsible for planning and performing job tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintains and repairs general production, utilities and facility equipment.
- Properly lubricates equipment, bearings and gearboxes.
- Promptly attends a breakdown or malfunction.
- Check belts, rollers, gears, sprockets, chain etc. for wear to replace/repair prior to failure.
- Rebuild pumps, valves, gearboxes and all general equipment.
- Perform pipe fitting and welding for various metals and materials.
- Perform maintenance and repair of facility to include plumbing, doors, walls, floors, roof, ceiling and general repairs.
- Perform maintenance and repair of forklifts as required.
- Disassemble and assemble fillers for sanitation in a timely manner.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment parts, tools, oil/grease barrels clean, orderly and stored in the right location.
- Supports training of new mechanic employees.
- Installs new equipment as required.
- Repair and/or fabrication of guards, guides, rails, etc. as required.
- Works from manufacturer’s manuals and specifications to keep equipment and machinery in proper working condition.
- Works closely with the Central Parts Clerk to assure all critical and spare parts for the equipment are readily available. Ensure all parts obtained from the storage room are properly documented in order to avoid discrepancies during cycle counts.
- Ensures the preventive maintenance program (PM) is followed, and tasks are completed as scheduled.
- Ensures all preventive and corrective maintenance activities are properly documented.
- Ensures that a good working relationship with other areas and the entire maintenance team is maintained.
- Verbally reports the status of activities to manager on a daily basis.
- Will be required to collaborate and work with other team members easily and effectively with maintaining good rapport with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Will be required to have excellent oral and written communication skills; must be able to communicate clearly and concisely with various levels of the business in non-technical terms.
- Will be expected to take initiative, drive results and have a customer focus mind-set.
- Operate industrial forklifts and pallet jacks as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Provides support to other areas when required.
- Troubleshoots and identifies ways to increase equipment performance and production speeds for improvement of efficiency.
- Assist with painting of facility as required.
- Handles basic electrical work as required.
- Attend all employee plant-wide meetings.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures including safety rules and Good Manufacturing Practices.
REQUIRED PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
Bump cap, hearing protection, hair net, beard net, eye protection, gloves, slip resistant shoes, uniform or smock, back support belt.
(All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.)
☒ Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized. This factor is important if the amount and kind of climbing required exceeds that required for ordinary locomotion.
☒ Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces. This factor is important if the amount and kind of balancing exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion and maintenance of body equilibrium.
☒ Stooping: Bending body downward and forward bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
☒ Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
☒ Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
☒ Crawling: Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
☒ Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
☒ Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
☒ Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances.
☒ Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
☒ Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
☒ Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
☒ Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole arm as in handling.
☒ Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
☒ Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
☒ Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Includes those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
☒ Hearing: Ability to hear verbal communication in a noisy environment.
☒ Vision: Attention to the surroundings when operating a forklift.
☐ Repetitive motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
Degree of physical exertion required for the position.
☐ Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 lbs of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary Work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
☐ Light Work: Exerting up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
☒ Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
☐ Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 50 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
☐ Very Heavy Work: Heavy Work: Exerting in excess of 100 lbs. of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 lbs. of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
Environmental conditions the employee will be subject to in this position.
☒ Inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
☐ Outside environmental conditions: No effective protection from weather.
☐ Both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and outside.
☐ Extreme cold: Temperatures below 32 degrees for periods of more than one hour.
☒ Extreme heat: Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour.
☒ Noise: There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
☐ Vibration: Exposure to oscillating movements of the extremities or the whole body.
☒ Hazard: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
☒ Atmospheric conditions: One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
☒ Oils: There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
☒ Humidity: Exposure to humid conditions ranging from 70% to 92%.
☐ Respirator: Use is required.
☐ None: No substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
- High School diploma or equivalent; Technical School preferred.
- Ability to read/write speak and comprehend English preferred. Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Previous mechanical experience preferred.
- Able to identify and correct various production, utilities and facilities equipment problems. Includes troubleshooting and correcting mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and small electrical issues on process and facilities equipment.
- Knowledgeable about metric and standard fasteners, bearings, gears, gearboxes, sprockets, chain, tabletop chain rail spacing, etc.
- Knowledgeable about the relationship between equipment and conveyor speeds and
- Proficient in tool selection for each job.
- Proficient at measuring with tape measure and calipers.
- Proficient at reading blueprints and equipment manuals.
- Ability to use a variety of standard machine shop and hand tools: drill, saw, taps, dies, hand tools, drill press, hydraulic press, horizontal saw, vertical saw and bench grinder.
- Experience in fabrication, knowledge of metals and welding is desired. Ability to MIG and heliarc weld preferred.
- Ability to operate mill and lathe preferred.
- Ability to thread and bend pipe preferred.
- Some knowledge of analog and digital instrumentation and control systems is preferred.
- May participate in a practical exam before placement in position.
- Basic computer experience (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc) required. Experience with Preventative Maintenance Databases and Software (i.e. SAP) is preferred.
EEO: 6 GRADE: 13 – Hourly
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send resumes to https://beewithus.bumblebee.com/9DBA0F2B75
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.