Cape May, NJ
To repair and maintain all plant equipment and facilities and assist in plant improvement projects.
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
These duties directly and substantially serve to achieve the purpose of the position.
- Responsible for planning and performing job tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible for selecting and utilizing the proper tools.
- Utilize drawings and layouts to perform duties.
- Perform maintenance and repair of production equipment.
- Rebuild pumps, valves, gearboxes, etc.
- Replace sprockets, gears, cams, conveyors, etc.
- Repair and or fabricate guards, fixtures, platforms, stairs, etc.
- Perform pipe fitting and welding.
- Perform maintenance and repair of facility to include plumbing, doors, walls, floors, etc.
- Perform maintenance and repair of forklifts as required.
- Disassemble and assemble fillers for sanitation in a timely manner.
- Knowledge and operational skills of all seamers, fillers, capper, depalletizers, massager, homogenizer (all in old kit & new kit)
- Knowledge and operational skills of all Krones, palletizers Zambelli’s, heat tunnels, diagraphs, Burt labeler, Lantech & Wolf tech, case packer, tray makers (all in mezz area)
- Ensure maintenance shop is clean and orderly and assist with any clean up needed.
- Operate forklifts, scissor lift, boom lift and other industrial trucks/lifts as necessary.
- Assist with painting of facility as required.
- Handle basic electrical work as required.
- Perform any other duty as assigned.
Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Bump cap, hearing protection, hair net, beard net, eye protection, gloves, slip resistant, steel toe shoes, uniform, face shield if welding, back support belt, COVID-19 protection.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
- Climbing, Balancing, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Crawling, Reaching, Standing, Walking, Pushing, Pulling, Lifting, Hand and finger work, Grasping, Feeling, Talking, Hearing, Vision, Repetitive motions:
Degree of physical exertion required for the position.
- Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 50 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects
Environmental conditions the employee will be subject to in this position.
- Inside & Outside environmental conditions, Extreme cold, Extreme heat, Noise, Vibration, Hazard, Atmospheric conditions (Fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation), Oils, Humidity, Respirator (required)
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Technical School preferred.
- Working knowledge of metric and standard fasteners, gears, sprockets, bearings, seals, pumps, valves, hydraulic cylinders, electrical and propane forklift motors.
- Proficient with MIG and halyard welding, and ability to weld sanitary tubing and pipe.
- Proficient with rebuilding pumps, gearboxes, cylinders.
- Proficient at trouble shooting a mechanical problem.
- Ability to replace gears, sprockets, bearings, seals, pumps and valves; sweat copper tubing, repair concrete, and sharpen drill bits.
- Ability to use a variety of standard machine shop and hand tools.
- Operate vehicles such as pick-up truck and forklift.
- Ability to read/write, speak and comprehend English and/or Spanish
- Forklift certification.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Bumble Bee Foods, LLC Human Resources Representative.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.