Packaging Line Operator (Night Shift)
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
The Packaging Line Operator is responsible for ensuring the packaging line operates efficiently, ensuring quality and productivity targets are met.
- Verify product to be put through the line, which includes preparing Vision System
- Monitor all aspects of the line including watching for error signals
- Ensure throughout the day that glue pot is kept full
- May be required to cull cans from reject station
- Confirm correct code is entered in the label printer
- For those lines with Robotics, set up robot for the product to run, for all other lines, including robotics, check parameters, speeds, carton size
- Ensure carton jacket is filled
- May be required to do visual production inspections
- May be assigned other duties as required.
- Must be physically able to push/pull full carts of finished product
- Must be able to work the scheduled, assigned times and required overtime for the position
- Must be willing to work various shifts when needed
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must be able to lift up to a maximum of 40 lbs.
- Must be reliable, honest, alert and safety conscience.
- Must have good attendance and reliability.
- Ability to work independently, assume responsibility and can remain calm under pressure.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be legally allowed to work in Canada.
- Note: must be available to train on the dayshift for multiple weeks before transferring to the second shift.
Working Conditions and Physical Capacities:
This position can be physically demanding with a combination of standing and/or walking on cement floors for extended periods of time. Additionally, lifting upwards of 40 lbs. can be expected to handle boxed product. Legible writing is required for proper documentation. Computer literacy to operate computerized equipment is expected. Periods of high noise levels can be expected at times.
- Company Sponsored Pension.
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (Available upon Completion of Probationary Period).
Canadian Roots. Passionate about Seafood. Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp first captured the flavour of the sea way back in 1871 when we founded the first cannery on the Fraser River in British Columbia. Since then, we’ve expanded operations nationwide so we can provide delicious, nutritious seafood for all Canadians. When you join Clover Leaf Seafoods, Bumble Bee Seafoods International or Connors Bros., you become part of a company that, together with our parent company, Bumble Bee Seafoods, is working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. From fishers to our employees, to customers, consumers, and to the communities we serve, we base our actions on shared, transparent values that hold us accountable to each other and the world.
In connection with our values and commitment to people first, at Clover Leaf Seafood Company, we believe in a diverse and inclusive culture where self-expression is not only welcome, but fundamental to doing good in the world. Clover Leaf Seafood Corp. is committed to equal opportunity. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, place of origin, creed or religion, age, disability, marital status, family status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political belief or activity or any other grounds covered by the applicable provincial human rights legislation.
Locations for Canada:
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
Saint John, New Brunswick
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.