Sante Fe Springs, CA
To provide adequate maintenance to keep equipment uptime and efficiency at 85% as a minimum of fillers, seamers, oiler conveyors, can washers, conveyor belts and other packing related equipment to efficiently meet quality standards and production daily requirements.
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
- Responsible for planning and performing job tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Follows assignments and priorities as directed by area Lead, Supervisor or Department Manager.
- Maintains and repairs fillers, seamers, oiler conveyors, can washers, conveyor belts and other packing related equipment.
- Change filler formats when needed.
- Able to setup and adjust seamers to achieve proper seams, according to specifications.
- Properly lubricates equipment, bearings and gearboxes.
- Checks belts, rollers, gears, sprockets, chain, etc. for wear to replace/repair prior to failure.
- Remove and replace filler parts for sanitation activities.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment, parts, tools, racks, materials, etc. clean, orderly and properly stored.
- Works from manufacturer’s manuals and specifications to keep equipment and machinery in proper working condition.
- Works closely with the Central Parts Clerk to assure all critical and spare parts for the equipment are readily available. Ensures all parts obtained from the parts room are properly documented in order to avoid discrepancies during cycle counts.
- Ensures the preventive maintenance (PM) program is followed and tasks are completed as scheduled and documented.
- Ensures all preventive and/or corrective maintenance activities are properly documented.
- Ensures a good working relationship with other areas and the entire maintenance team is maintained.
- Reports the status of activities in a written and verbal manner to the supervisor on a daily basis.
- Will be required to collaborate and work with other team members easily and effectively with maintaining good rapport with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Will be required to have excellent oral and written communication skills; must be able to communicate clearly and concisely with various levels of the business in non-technical terms.
- Will be expected to take initiative and drive results.
- Will have a customer focus mind-set.
General Maintenance and Other Duties
- Complies with, and ensures direct reports adhere to all company policies and procedures including safety rules and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Installs new equipment as required.
- Assist other mechanics in repair and maintenance of general production, utilities and facility equipment.
- May assist with training of new seamer/filler mechanic employees.
- May be required to operate industrial forklifts, pallet jacks and other company vehicles; and only after successfully passing Bumble Bee training and certification process.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Provides support to other areas when required.
Education, Experience, and Skills required
- Individual must have a proven background in an industrial maintenance mechanic role with minimum two (2) years previous experience working with canning equipment including seamers and fillers. Experience with Luthi fillers is a plus.
- Ability to read/write speak and comprehend English preferred. Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
- High School graduate or equivalent; technical school preferred.
- Ability to read electrical schematics, blueprints, and equipment manuals, and work with little or no direct supervision.
- Knowledgeable about metric and standard fasteners, bearings, gears, gearboxes, sprockets, seals, pumps, valves, chain, tabletop chain and rail spacing, etc.
- Knowledgeable about the relationship between equipment and conveyor speeds and production output
- Proficient in troubleshooting and resolving mechanical problems.
- Proficient in tool selection for each job, and measuring with tape measure and calipers.
- Ability to use drill, saw, taps, dies, and use hand tools.
- Familiarity with drill press, hydraulic press, horizontal saw, vertical saw and bench grinder.
- Ability to use computers for programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. Experience with Preventative Maintenance Databases and Software (i.e. SAP) is preferred.
REQUIRED PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
Bump cap, hearing protection, hair net, beard net, chemical resistant gloves, slip resistant safety shoes with toe protection, uniform or smock, freezer suit, and safety goggles with face shield, as required.
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Bumble Bee Foods, LLC Human Resources Representative.
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.