Careers > Job Listings
Hand Packers (Piecework)
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
Fish Plant Workers – NOC 9463
Our Hand Packers are team members responsible for manually packing, and occasionally cutting, our raw product (fish steaks, fish fillets, precut fish, and/or whole fish) into designated cans based on the daily production requirements. These packers are responsible for ensuring the daily production quota is fulfilled to the best of their ability. These Packers pack, or cut, the product for further processing and packaging. They are responsible for visually inspecting the product that reaches them to identify any defects, issues, or problems with the product that render it unfit for further packing. They ensure their product follows Company standards before processing it at their designated workstation. Additionally, they may be tasked with packing their received product according to daily weight requirements (in the case of fish steaks and precut fish), or further cutting their received fish for packing (in the case of fish fillets and whole fish). Lastly, the Hand Packers are responsible for ensuring the cans provided are in good condition (meaning there are no defects, dents, or rips of the can).
- Manually packing processed fish (steaks/precuts) into designated cans.
- Manually cutting fish product to daily specifications (fillets/whole fish).
- Manually packing their cut product into designated cans.
- Visually checking received raw product for defects/issues with quality.
- Ensuring product is in accordance with Company standards.
- Ensuring product cans comply to Company standards (no rips, tears, defects, dents, peeling).
- Ensuring placed product conform to daily weight requirements.
- Packing to meet the daily production quota (to the best of their ability).
- Must be physically capable of standing, and/or walking for extended periods of time.
- Must be physically capable of packing by hand (this will require some dexterity/movement of all fingers).
- Must be capable of inspecting fish product (raw or processed) for defects.
- Must be capable of following Company policies and ensuring product conforms to standards.
- Must be capable of handling raw fish product for processing.
- Must be capable of cutting (using Company provided scissors) fish for production (when required).
- Grade 10 education or higher.
- Must be legally allowed to work in Canada.
Working Conditions and Physical Capacities:
This position can be physically demanding at times, with a combination of standing and/or walking for periods of time during the assigned shift on cement floors. Additionally, the use of Company provided scissors (which are kept sharp and rust-free) require workers to be vigilant with clear eyesight (you must be able to clearly see what you are doing, and what is around you, at all times). Excessive noise may be experienced during periods of high production (dependent on machine production within the facility), as well as cold/hot temperatures above the normal level (depending on machine production within the facility).
- Company Sponsored Pension.
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (Available upon Completion of Probationary Period).
Canadian Roots. Passionate about Seafood. Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp first captured the flavour of the sea way back in 1871 when we founded the first cannery on the Fraser River in British Columbia. Since then, we’ve expanded operations nationwide so we can provide delicious, nutritious seafood for all Canadians. When you join Clover Leaf Seafoods, Bumble Bee Seafoods International or Connors Bros., you become part of a company that, together with our parent company, Bumble Bee Seafoods, is working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. From fishers to our employees, to customers, consumers, and to the communities we serve, we base our actions on shared, transparent values that hold us accountable to each other and the world.
In connection with our values and commitment to people first, at Clover Leaf Seafood Company, we believe in a diverse and inclusive culture where self-expression is not only welcome, but fundamental to doing good in the world. Clover Leaf Seafood Corp. is committed to equal opportunity. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, place of origin, creed or religion, age, disability, marital status, family status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political belief or activity or any other grounds covered by the applicable provincial human rights legislation.
Locations for Canada:
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
Saint John, New Brunswick
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.