Talent Acquisition & HR Business Partner
Clover Leaf Seafoods
Who We Are
For over 100 years, Clover Leaf and Brunswick have delivered delicious, healthy, and affordable canned seafood to consumers. Today, as the leading branded marketer of canned seafood in Canada, we’re expanding our business, and there’s never been a better time to join our team and grow along with us.
When you join Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp., you become part of a company that, together with our parent company, Bumble Bee Seafoods, is working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. From fishers to our employees, to customers, consumers, and to the communities we serve, we base our actions on shared, transparent values that hold us accountable to each other and the world.
When you join Clover Leaf Seafoods, you become an integral part of a tight-knit team. You’ll be encouraged, empowered, and challenged to be your best self through ongoing professional development in an inclusive environment.
About the Role
Reporting to the VP of Human Resources, the Talent Acquisition & HR Business Partner will play a key role in attracting, developing, and retaining top talent while aligning HR strategies with overall business objectives. This position is responsible for the management of the end-to-end recruitment process, collaborating with hiring managers, and serving as a strong HR partner to support the organization’s growth and employee engagement.
What You’ll Do Here
- Design and implement initiatives to enhance recruitment strategies to attract and acquire top talent and increase employee engagement, satisfaction, and retention.
- Manage the recruitment life cycle, including sourcing, screening, interviewing, and facilitating the final selection.
- Guide candidates throughout the recruitment process to ensure a smooth onboarding experience in partnership with leadership and the HR team.
- Collaborate and build strong relationships with hiring managers to understand staffing needs and develop effective hiring plans.
- Develop and implement recruitment strategies and build brand awareness and social media presence that aligns with the operating sector goals and objectives.
- Proactively Identify and recommend solutions to recruitment challenges and problems.
- Serve as an HR business partner to business units, understanding their objectives and aligning HR initiatives accordingly.
- Work closely with leadership to address employee relations, performance management, and talent development needs.
- Track and analyze HR metrics to measure the effectiveness of talent acquisition and HR programs to gain valuable insights.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement, share best practices and support change management in partnership with the HR team.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Collaborate with teams to create a positive and inclusive workplace culture.
- Deliver excellent customer service with a positive attitude and a professional focus.
What You Bring to the Team
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
- 5 + years of proven experience in talent acquisition and HR business partnering.
- A proven history in identifying and sourcing top talent, building strong relationships with candidates, and hiring managers.
- The ability to work collaboratively and maintain effective relationships with team members, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that enable you to communicate with different audiences, stakeholders, and end-users, including making recommendations and influencing outcomes.
- Experience developing and implementing recruitment strategies.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills.
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- You are a collaborative initiative-taker and creative problem solver who identifies opportunities for improvement and efficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve issues by analyzing and evaluating workable solutions.
- Demonstrated ability using MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Proven history of effectively utilizing LinkedIn Recruiter and other social media platforms to identify and engage with top talent.
- Be a champion of inclusion and diversity.
What we offer
- Engaging and agile workplace culture, collaborative and inclusive teams
- Investing in our people through a variety of learning and development programs such as GROW and LEAD
- A variety of wellness benefits, access to virtual health care, 100% employer-paid health and dental premiums, Employee Assistance Program, and more.
- Commitment to resource sustainability
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities
- Recognition and rewards through our programs
- Company matching pension plan
Clover Leaf Seafood fosters diversity, inclusion and belonging within and across our organization. We welcome all to apply, including women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Canadian Roots. Passionate about Seafood. Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp first captured the flavour of the sea way back in 1871 when we founded the first cannery on the Fraser River in British Columbia. Since then, we’ve expanded operations nationwide so we can provide delicious, nutritious seafood for all Canadians. When you join Clover Leaf Seafoods, Bumble Bee Seafoods International or Connors Bros., you become part of a company that, together with our parent company, Bumble Bee Seafoods, is working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. From fishers to our employees, to customers, consumers, and to the communities we serve, we base our actions on shared, transparent values that hold us accountable to each other and the world.
In connection with our values and commitment to people first, at Clover Leaf Seafood Company, we believe in a diverse and inclusive culture where self-expression is not only welcome, but fundamental to doing good in the world. Clover Leaf Seafood Corp. is committed to equal opportunity. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, place of origin, creed or religion, age, disability, marital status, family status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political belief or activity or any other grounds covered by the applicable provincial human rights legislation.
Locations for Canada:
Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick
Saint John, New Brunswick
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.