Jobs Department: Accounting/Finance
Position: A/R Specialist Date: October 2020
Reports to: VP Accounting Location: San Diego, CA
The A/R Specialist is to provide full collection activity on Trade AR, monitoring customer accounts and maintaining a healthy A/R aging and relationship with customers. The A/R Specialist will work closely with Credit & Collections Analyst, Cash Application Specialist, and Trade Deductions department.
- Responsible for maintaining all customer invoices on a daily basis to ensure they are submitting accordingly & efficiently.
- Responsible for sending out Debit Memos to Bumble Bee and/or Anova customers upon request.
- Prepare Customer Statement requests upon request of their account using SAP and excel to generate the report.
- Responsible for all Credit Reference Request for other vendors inquiring about a current Bumble Bee or Anova Customer.
- Responsible for generating Cash Discount Letters for specific customers who paid outside of the discount term.
- Prepare Top 25 delinquent AR Reports on a weekly basis for the VP of Accounting
- Diplomatically and assertively work with Bumble Bee customers to collect on aging invoices and maintain an aging report 2-3 times a week.
- Full back up for Cash Application Specialist. This role will consist of running bank reports, applying cash to customers’ accounts and working with the deductions department.
- Full back up for Credit & Collections Analyst – This role will consist of releasing credit holds based on the credit available on the customers’ accounts, new customer applications, analyzing existing customer’s accounts, assist Credit and Collections Analyst as requested.
- Assist in accounting and audit projects for quarter and year-end audits with EY. This role will consist of working closely with the Credit & Collections Analyst by assisting with printing invoices, requesting proof of delivery (POD’s), and any other requests that may arise.
- Proactively analyzing customer base to identify risk and ensure credit limits are appropriately set. This includes maintaining a communication channel with the sales department to identify slow paying customers and credit limit…
- Stay in constant contact with our 3rd party credit agencies to identify potential at risk customers.
- Ad hoc projects from management.
- BA or BS degree preferred and two years’ experience in accounts receivable or collections.
- Must possess intermediate-advanced PC skills in MS EXCEL (formulas, charts, graphs, V-Lookup). Intermediate knowledge OUTLOOK, WORD
- Very professional oral and written communication skills.
- SAP knowledge
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment, learn quickly, plan and prioritize tasks effectively to meet deadlines, possess critical thinking and strong problem solving skills.
- Must be willing to take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion.
- CPG/food industry experience is a plus.
About the Company
Bumble Bee Foods, LLC, a $1 billion company, headquartered in San Diego, represents North America’s largest branded shelf-stable seafood company, offering a full line of canned and pouched tuna, salmon, sardine and specialty protein products marketed in the U.S. under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®, and in Canada under the Clover Leaf® brand.
Bumble Bee’s mission is to provide healthy and nutritious products and meal solutions that are sourced sustainably. The company actively promotes the responsible stewardship of global fisheries resources and is a founder of the International Seafood Sustainability Foundation (ISSF) — a global partnership of scientists, tuna processors and WWF, the global conservation organization.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send resumes to https://beewithus.bumblebee.com/2B13242268
Bumble Bee Foods, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender, identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.