Jobs Department: Accounting/Finance
Accounts Payable Coordinator
Will be responsible for supporting the procure to pay process by processing invoices, managing workflows, researching discrepancies, and communicating with vendors as well assisting with accounting period-end close accruals and working on special items as needed. Will work effectively with personnel from other departments and affiliated companies to ensure timely, accurate invoice postings and service request responses. Position has potential for growth into steadily increasing complexity of tasks.
- Processing high volume purchase order and non-purchase order based vendor invoices with accuracy using the Vendor Invoice Management tool and SAP.
- Prioritizing processing invoices based on due dates and resolving escalated issues in a timely manner.
- Research and resolve any discrepancies with invoice coding and documentation.
- Communicating with vendors, team members, and other individuals as needed to resolve invoice discrepancies, obtain missing documents, and field vendor inquiries.
- Review and reconcile vendor statements for completeness and payment status.
- Communicating with treasury to maintain scheduled payment runs and creating daily check, wire, and ACH payment proposals in SAP.
- Providing vendors with remittance backup for payments as needed.
- Downloading invoices from vendor portals for processing.
- Entering contract-based amounts for payments.
- Assisting with accounting month end close accruals for pending invoices.
- Supporting audits and reviews by assembling required information as needed.
- Establish cross-functional relationships while driving process efficiencies.
- Special projects as assigned
- A minimum of 2 years of high volume AP processing experience required
- Bachelor’s degree or 3 – 5 years of progressive AP experience preferred
- SAP experience preferred with knowledge electronic accounts payable processing required
- Previous experience and expertise with Microsoft Office applications, including intermediate Excel skills required
- Strong analytical capabilities and strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Self-starter who is drawn towards taking initiative, can multi-task, has strong interpersonal skills with an ability to respond to inquiries and effectively present information to accounting and business managers
- Ability to identify and define problems, collect supporting data, establish facts, propose solutions, and meet deadlines
About The Bumble Bee Seafood Company
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is passionately pursuing its purpose of feeding people’s lives through the power of the ocean. We are an iconic 120-year-old year-old fishing company that consistently aims to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable food to consumers while working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. Bumble Bee is firmly anchored in a commitment to connect the world to the ocean by re-defining sourcing, producing, and enjoying products from and inspired by the ocean.
Bumble Bee’s full line of seafood and specialty protein products are marketed in the U.S., Canada and over 50 markets globally under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Clover Leaf®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®. For more information about the company, visit TheBumbleBeeCompany.com. For product information, visit www.BumbleBee.com.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Tax Director to lead the Tax department. This position will oversee the International, U.S. Federal, State, and local tax compliance processes, and reporting requirements, prepare quarterly and audited year end income tax accounting under ASC 740 and IAS 12 related to global operations, and oversee the Company’s global transfer pricing policies.
- Oversee the preparation of the U.S., Canadian and Indonesian tax returns
- Coordinate all aspects of tax compliance & reporting including property, sales/use, withholding, and other taxes
- Accounting for income taxes in quarterly and annual audited consolidated financial statements
- Develop effective tax strategies as the key contact for the global business teams on all taxation issues
- Monitor and assess potential impacts of proposed and new tax guidance or standards
- Support HR in ensuring appropriate federal & state employment tax registration and remittance
- Manage day to day relationship, budget, and service levels from external tax advisors across the world
- Perform tax planning and analysis of proposed acquisitions, divestitures, refinancing & restructurings, investments, and other tax related matters
- Govern intercompany transfer pricing and review intercompany and external contracts for all taxes
- Proactively identify and recommend improvements to the current tax processes and controls
- Represent the company as the primary tax specialist on projects and any audits
- Provide coaching, direction, and support to 1 direct report
- Monitor international, state, and local nexus requirements
- Prepare the tax budget and forecasting
- Responsible for observing all tax laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company
- Special strategic tax projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration with an emphasis in accounting or tax, along with eight or more years of progressive professional tax accounting experience in a corporate environment or a major accounting firm. Equivalent professional tax experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Master’s degree in tax and CPA designation or progress towards CPA certification preferred
- Previous experience and expertise with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel required
- Experience with international and state and local taxes preferred
- Good working knowledge, experience and application of tax laws, regulations and tax accounting principles, theories, concepts, standards, and practices
- Must possess: (1) the ability to identify issues and assist with developing solutions to a variety of complex problems of diverse scope and complexity; (2) good analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present accounting and finance findings to a variety of audiences including management and external parties: (3) excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide all levels of employees and external parties; and (4) excellent computer skills.
- Knowledge and experience using general ledger systems (SAP preferred) and tax accounting systems
- Team player with ability to multi-task and work in a hands-on environment
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential
Claims & Collections Coordinator
About the Role
The Collections and Claims Coordinator (CCC) will work closely with, and provide support to the Credit, Collections, and Claims Supervisor (CCCS) to ensure all aspects of accounts receivable are running smoothly. The CCC will also be responsible for processing customer claims accurately and in a timely fashion by collaborating with employees at all levels within Clover Leaf, Bumble Bee, and our customers to provide clear and professional direction in the management of claim settlement. This will be achieved through the following responsibilities:
- Processing customer claims accurately, and within a timely fashion.
- Resolving any matters that may require adjustments to the original claim, including the documentation of any proof of adjustment submitted.
- Accurately processing customer claims using the Client Accounting Service (CAS) Deduction Management System.
- Clearing submitted claims within the standard, thirty-day cycle.
- Collaborating with internal Sales, Customer Service, and Logistics team members to promote resolution of problems/issues as they arise.
- Developing strong relationships within our Customer Community through professionalism and efficiently resolving concerns.
- Working with our Customers to provide necessary information with respect to agreements.
- Preparation of various monthly reports as required by the bank.
- A monthly review of all unprocessed claims in CAS to determine further action steps, if necessary.
- A monthly review of Promotion Allowance funding against closed customer claims will be conducted.
- If necessary, action steps are prepared against potential risks and, follow up on open matters are reviewed in detail.
- The CCC is expected to assist the CCCS with the following duties/responsibilities:
- Organize remittance advices and all supporting invoices relating to various promotional and logistics claims.
- Facilitate payments for outstanding invoices by sending out account statements and contacting customers, as needed.
- Accounts Receivable inbox management, which includes responding to both internal and external questions and inquiries.
- Perform daily reconciliation of outstanding claim balances between Client Accounting Services (CAS) and SAP.
- Acting as the primary back up for the CCCS, as needed (such as vacation days).
- The CCC follows all standard operating procedures to settle audit differences, including:
- Issuing credit adjustments to Customer accounts.
- Assisting with resolving short shipment issues.
- Proposing changes to internal customer master, pricing, and promotion allowance records.
- Providing guidance to propose amendments to the Customer master records, where necessary.
What You Need to Succeed
- Completion of Post-Secondary education (Certification, Diploma, or Degree) with a focus on accounting.
- Ability to identify causes of issues and acceptable solutions.
- Must have the ability to multi-task.
- Works well under pressure.
- Must be capable of meeting daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines.
- Excellent communication in written and spoken English.
- Experience working in an automated, and computerized, environment.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office software (specifically Word & Excel).
- Strong organizational abilities.
- Must be legally allowed to work in Canada.