Jobs Department: Accounting/Finance
The Treasury Associate is an integral member of the corporate Treasury team. The Treasury Associate will collaborate with internal stakeholders (accounting, finance, tax, legal, IT, business segments) and external partners (including relationship banks, treasury service providers) across a variety of corporate treasury activities. This position will seek to build efficiencies and improve Treasury processes, documentation, procedures, and management reporting to help build a best-in-class treasury organization to support the company’s growth and strategy. The candidate should have intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills, good personal fiscal responsibility, and excellent customer service skills. The company will support continued professional development in the field of treasury and finance to include professional certifications such as AFP’s Certified Treasury Professional® (CTP).
- Perform daily cash management operations – determine the company’s daily cash position, analyze/optimize the short-term borrowing needs, and facilitate internal controls for cash movements
- Manage the corporate card program administration – provide exceptional customer service to our cardholders, communicate issues with our card provider, execute approved program changes, make appropriate updates via user administration, and troubleshoot/resolve cardholder usage difficulties
- Daily Bank Reconciliations ensuring our system of record (SAP) agrees with daily cash positions reported by the company’s bank statements.
- Perform administrative tasks in providing Treasury’s input to the daily Accounts Payable payment proposal process (i.e. provide necessary segregation of duties required for moving cash)
- Prepare Treasury month- and quarter-end reporting for various stakeholders
- Provide information in connection with the external and internal audits and monitor cash management activities to ensure compliance
- Work with the company’s business units to support preparation of the company’s monthly cash flow forecasts and other cash and borrowing projection models
- Support the company’s corporate hedging program – create and maintain reporting schedules, compliance documentation, trade settlements, and monthly presentation. Conduct supportive analysis for the Treasurer as needed.
- Assist Treasurer with preparing regulatory reporting- FBAR, FATCA, Dodd-Frank, SOX, etc.
- Gain intimate knowledge of the vendors managed by Treasury / Risk and the relevant sections of our general ledger enabling the ability to process invoices with proper coding to enable the most efficient processing for our partners in Accounts Payable, including the set up and approval of new vendors.
- Support corporate accounting, corporate tax, business planning, internal audit and other functions as they relate to Treasury transactions.
- Monitor/Report on monthly bank account analysis fees and provide recommendations to management to reduce spend and optimize banking structure
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, or related field preferred.
- CTP designation or progress towards CTP certification preferred.
- Previous experience and expertise in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and show discretion in interactions with employees and third-party business partners.
- Strong analytical capabilities and strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Self-starter who is drawn towards taking initiative, can multi-task, has strong interpersonal skills with an ability to respond to inquiries and effectively present information to business managers.
- Ability to quickly understand complex transactions, identify and define problems, collect supporting data, establish facts, propose solutions, and meet deadlines
- Strong customer service skills with a positive and energetic attitude.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The health, satisfaction and security of our team members and their families are important to us and an important part of reaching our organization’s goals. We offer a total rewards package that includes valuable and competitive compensation and benefit plans. These programs reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining top talent. The compensation for this role includes base salary and eligibility for an annual bonus based on company performance. All incentive plans are subject to change.
The pay range for this role is $43,337-$72,229 annually to be paid at an hourly rate. *Compensation commensurate with level of knowledge, education, skills, and experience applicable to the position.
We understand that each team member’s situation is unique, and so it is our intent to offer an overall benefits package that can be shaped and molded by each team member to fit their family’s needs. Our current benefits package, which is available to all full-time team members and their eligible dependents, includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, medical savings accounts, life and disability coverage, and other voluntary benefits. We also offer time off benefits including vacation pay, flexible vacation for exempt positions with sick leave. Please note, however, that The Bumble Bee Seafood Company, in its sole discretion, may modify the above benefits package.
Who We Are
For over 100 years, Clover Leaf and Brunswick have delivered delicious, healthy, and affordable canned seafood to consumers. Today, as the leading branded marketer of canned seafood in Canada, we’re expanding our business, and there’s never been a better time to join our team and grow along with us.
When you join Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp., you become part of a company that, together with our parent company, Bumble Bee Seafoods, is working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. From fishers to our employees, to customers, consumers, and to the communities we serve, we base our actions on shared, transparent values that hold us accountable to each other and the world.
When you join Clover Leaf Seafoods, you become an integral part of a tight-knit team in a quaint coastal community. You’ll be encouraged, empowered, and challenged to be your best self through ongoing professional development in an inclusive environment.
About the Role
As the Accountant, you will contribute to the company’s continued success by performing various accounting related tasks including regular cost analysis for manufacturing operations, monthly period end GL entries and statement preparation. This includes:
- Complete month end close activities related to GL accounts using various tools including SAP and MS Excel
- Prepare / Post Approved Journal Entries / Scanning and attaching into SAP
- Weekly Cash Flow Reports
- Weekly KPI Reports
- Labour Distribution
- Provide ad-hoc analysis as needed
- Monthly Manager’s Meeting
- Hourly Payroll Upload
- Maintain monthly FA Expense & any other regularly monitored accounts
- Maintain standard costs of sardine finished good materials and production raw, packaging, and work in progress components
- Prepare manufacturing usage variance and purchase price variance reports to assist with achieving Sardine Operation key performance measures
- Prepare annual account reconciliations and audit files. Work with external auditor to explain and support audit files for the Sardine Operations.
- Assist in the Plant budgets and periodic updates. Work with Planner on raw material costs and update baseline with historical information from ERP system
- Assist in developing and documenting systems policies and procedures, including system requirements and internal controls.
- Maintain and improve processes and controls associated with manufacturing costs and inventory valuation
- Represent Finance and Accounting on teams designed to improve operations, reduce costs, etc.
- Serve as a backup for senior accountant
What You Need to Succeed
- University Degree in Accounting or Finance, along with a completed, or nearing completion, of a recognized accounting designation
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of common costing practice
- Able to effectively collaborate with all team members both internally within the organization, and externally.
- Strong technical skills with ability to manage, interpret, and present data using various tools
- Strong analytical thinker with proven problem-solving capabilities, particularly as they relate to processes and systems
- Strives for excellence in execution and personal growth and development
- Ability to learn processes quickly and adapt and lead change
- Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot, power pivot, power query, vlookup, offset, etc.)
- Knowledge of ERP system SAP
- Ability to extract, transform, and utilize data for various reporting purposes using various tools
- Results orientated with attention to detail, and an ability to handle multiple priorities while meeting deadlines