Jobs Department: Corporate Communications
Corporate Communications Manager
The Bumble Bee Seafood Company is looking to add a Manager of Corporate Communications to its corporate communications team (reporting to the VP of Corporate Brand Strategy and Communications). You will be responsible for designing and managing internal communications, as well as supporting external communications efforts. You will develop global organizational communication strategies and vehicles that align to our corporate purpose, along with developing communication programs that communicate and reinforce our Seafood Love culture to our 1200 employees worldwide.
The ideal candidate will have built internal communication strategies and platforms in the recent past, plus have a strong comfort with the development of multiple communication vehicles such as; long-form posts, short tweets, internal social channels videos, podcasts, blogs, and All Hands meetings (live and virtual). He/She will have excellent writing skills, attention to detail, and the ability to remain calm in chaos. A passion for communications and supporting an organization committed to Feeding People’s Lives Through the Vast Powers of the Ocean is a must:
- Support in the development an internal communications strategy and platform, based on a deep understanding of the communications needs of our team members.
- Work with executives to develop strategic platforms to communicate leadership’s vision and plans to a global internal audience.
- Develop a thoughtful and consistence cadence of communication designed to educate and inspire our global team.
- Ensure that all functions have the right messaging and tools to remain ‘on brand’ in all aspects of communication.
- Track, understand and communicate a range of complex projects, products, and partnerships and tell the story of our major initiatives, expertise and efforts.
- Lead the development and execution of communication activities including high-quality written, video, and audio collateral (i.e.: plans, presentations, messaging, talking points, Q&As, intranet content, All Hands, blogs, and more.)
- Write, review, revise, and edit content for a variety of audiences, as needed.
- Support in the calendar and content development for external corporate vehicles (Website, Sustainable Brands and Linked-In)
- Provide ongoing and meaningful measurement reports to determine communication effectiveness.
- Collaborate with the other teams such as Integrated Communications, Corporate PR, to provide comprehensive support for unified programs and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or a related field and a minimum of 5 years previous experience in a communications role or related field. Experience must include:
- A recent experience in defining and bringing to life an internal communications strategy and platform.
- Experience writing, editing and proofreading information and translating complex information into messages/communications that resonate
- Command of PowerPoint, social collaboration platforms, and content management systems
- Video development and production
- Change communication (including reorganizations, crisis communications) The ideal candidate will have demonstrated strengths in:
- Strategic thinking, planning, and decision making
- Confident, independent interactions with senior management
- Commitment to quality and high attention to detail
- Responsiveness, multi-tasking and balancing customer demands while managing multiple deliverables/deadlines
- Ability to calmly respond to unexpected issues/priorities
- Excellent presentation and speaking skills
About the Company
Bumble Bee Foods, LLC, headquartered in San Diego, is North America’s largest branded shelf-stable seafood company, offering a full line of canned and pouched tuna, salmon, sardine and specialty protein products marketed in the U.S. under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®, and in Canada under the Clover Leaf® brand.
Bumble Bee’s mission is to provide healthy and nutritious products and meal solutions that are sourced sustainably. The company actively promotes the responsible stewardship of global fisheries resources and is a founder of the International Seafood Sustainability Foundation (ISSF) — a global partnership of scientists, tuna processors and WWF, the global conservation organization.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send resumes to https://beewithus.bumblebee.com/F2458485ED
Bumble Bee Seafoods, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender, identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.