Jobs Department: Custom Brands
We are looking for a collaborative, creative, and strategic brand manager of our Snow’s, Beach Cliff, and Brunswick brands. S/he is tasked with understanding the mindsets and capturing the imaginations of our consumers and making sure these brands are brought to market in ways that are innovative, creative, and disruptive. The ideal candidate will be a classically trained, scrappy CPG brand manager with knack for analyzing a dynamic consumer landscape, crafting brand growth strategies, articulating performance targets, and developing and executing creative consumer communication plans to deliver brand growth. They will be an adaptable, creative problem solver capable of finding and executing creative solutions to maximize ROI with limited resources.
Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
The Brand Manager will have shared accountability for delivering budgeted P&L performance and brand health metrics on our Snow’s, Beach Cliff, and Brunswick brands. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- P&L management and accountability (in collaboration with Brand Commercialization partner, sales, and others) including Volume, Net Sales, Gross Margin, and below the line expenses.
- Consumer champion – leverage available resources (IRI, secondary research, recommending / guiding primary research, etc.) to gain a comprehensive understanding of our consumers (buyer journey, needs / wants / aspiration, pain points, etc.) and define clear brand consumer targets.
- Formalize brand / product strategy and positioning – establish brand positioning, style guide, architecture, and consumer target, ensuring all consumer touch points are consistent with brand position including product, price, promotion, placement, and packaging.
- Set brand communication objectives, strategies, and tactics – oversee strategic briefing and creative oversight of integrated brand communication, media plans, and digital / social assets with an eye toward maximizing ROI.
- Partner with Brand Communication team to develop and execute compelling brand communication plans across multiple media channels (digital / social in particular) to connect with consumers throughout purchase funnel.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to monitor brand health, competitive activity, category trends, and consumer behavior and pivot as needed.
- Develop creative low-cost / high-impact brand support to maximize ROI on marketing dollars.
- Annual strategic planning process to assess current landscape, identify opportunities for growth, establish performance targets (annual volume, net sales, gross margin, market share, and brand health targets), and prioritize resources.
- Co-develop integrated brand marketing plans comprised of sales strategic imperatives, slotting budgets, shopper marketing, point of sale support, trade funding, and consumer advertising plan to achieve budgeted results.
- Collaborate with innovation team to drive NPD and brand innovation strategy informed by brand architecture, positioning, target consumer needs, and category opportunities. Drive NPD / innovation launch support to accomplish launch objectives.
- Support brand commercialization efforts with selling resources, insights, commodity updates, sell sheets, display vehicles, and brand updates.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Candidate must possess a BS/BA and an MBA would be a plus.
- Looking for a minimum of +5 years of brand management experience in packaged goods. Added experience in trade marketing, revenue management, sales, and category management a plus.
- Commercial experience across multiple channels including Retail, Club, Dollar, Drug, Mass, Food Service, Convenience, and Ecommerce. Experience in food products a plus.
- Expertise in leveraging digital and social platforms to accomplish brand objectives.
- Must be able to operate in a lean entrepreneurial environment with minimal support and be proficient in computer skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint Presentations.
- Character consistent with Bumble Bee’s core values: Find a Way, Act Right, Come Together, Focus Forward, and Show Love.
- A reputation of integrity, high intelligence, creativity and the ability to exercise good judgment.
- Self-starting, highly energetic style, with an ability to work effectively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- A bias towards action and execution, willing to dive into details to get the job done.
- A highly strategic thinker, who has a deep understanding and passion for trends in food and nutrition.
- A hands-on team player who has a visible, effective leadership style. Good listener, h3 communication skills, flexible and fair.
- h3 communicator with excellent presentation, verbal and written skills.
- Able to be decisive and effective in a high energy, fast paced environment with minor guidance.
- Ability to leverage knowledge and resources outside of direct reporting lines.
- A financially savvy manager with sound business acumen.
- Results driven mindset, capable of analytical and creative problem solving.