Jobs Department: Global Planning
The Demand Planner will be responsible to develop operational forecast and executes the collaborative forecasting process. Creates and maintains forecast models, analyzes trends, seasonality, and incorporates business intelligence and forecast information from sales, marketing, procurement, planning, and other sources. Supports the monthly senior management consensus forecast process.
- Develops and recommends demand forecasts using historical sales trends, statistical forecasting models, and research on demand drivers.
- Develops, manages, and leads the monthly senior management collaborative and consensus review process.
- Deliver forecast accuracy KPIs that drive inventory and service levels that meet or exceed targeted goals.
- Work with Sales, Marketing, Procurement, and Planning to better understand supply needs to drive forecast accuracy.
- Supports the implementation, development, and maintenance of demand planning software by applying expertise in process, technology and forecasting practices.
- Knowledge of Demand Planning and ability to work with all areas to implement forecasting management.
- Provide direct analytical support highlighting forecast accuracy and trends that help improve the forecast errors.
- Improve forecast accuracy by analyzing forecast error and timely correcting the modeling.
- Develops future demand plans that drive supply chain planning processes.
- Monitor demand on a daily basis and communicate updated projections.
- Leverage industry best practices and continuous improvements to forecasting and supply planning processes and systems.
- Education: Four-year college degree in business, or other mathematically related field. Or equivalent relevant job experience.
- 2+ years of experience in demand or supply chain planning
- Strong project management skills: ability to manage multiple projects/solutions for multiple business area requestors.
- SAP/APO experience in Demand Planning a plus.
- CPF, APICS, or CPIM certification a plus.
- Experience in relevant areas: Supply chain, purchasing, forecasting, demand management, inventory control, materials management, or distribution resource planning; preferably in the consumer packaged goods industry.
- Skills: Strong mathematical skills, strong quantitative and analytical skills, familiar with supply and demand planning concepts; broad range of computer skills – especially MS Excel, and other software packages; self-directed; ability to communicate findings, make recommendations and facilitate change; comfortable working with individuals at all organizational levels; project management skills. Ability to manage many details with a high level of accuracy; ability to establish timelines and meet deadlines; excellent interpersonal and communications skills; skill in prioritizing workloads; ability to initiate, coordinate and move forward on planned activities.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The health, satisfaction and security of our team members and their families are important to us and an important part of reaching our organization’s goals. We offer a total rewards package that includes valuable and competitive compensation and benefit plans. These programs reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining top talent. The compensation for this role includes base salary and eligibility for an annual bonus based on company performance. All incentive plans are subject to change.
The pay range for this role is $64,480-$89,847 annually. *Compensation to commensurate with level of knowledge, education, skills, and experience applicable to the position.
We understand that each team member’s situation is unique, and so it is our intent to offer an overall benefits package that can be shaped and molded by each team member to fit their family’s needs. Our current benefits package, which is available to all full-time team members and their eligible dependents, includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, medical savings accounts, life and disability coverage, and other voluntary benefits. We also offer time off benefits including vacation pay, flexible vacation for exempt positions with sick leave. Please note, however, that The Bumble Bee Seafood Company, in its sole discretion, may modify the above benefits package.
Supply Chain Data Analytics Intern
The Supply Chain Data Analytics Intern will be part of the analytics team to identify business improvement opportunities and aid in dashboard and reporting development. This is an excellent opportunity for students pursing a business or science degree or recent college graduates with a business or science degree. Prospective candidates should have a technical and analytical oriented mindset.
- Coordinate, or facilitate preparation of data analysis for business including the gathering of appropriate data and information.
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data, provide data mapping for data warehouse / data lake process
- Develop data visualizations, reports and interactive dashboards for data-driven recommendations and decisions in Power BI
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify improvement opportunities and document new and existing business processes
- Manage DataMart library, App catalogue and training materials in SharePoint
- Carrying out training sessions and workshops to guide relevant teams
- Model, Visualize and manage workspaces and datasets in Power BI
- Data analysis in Power BI
- Support migration process of Qlik Reporting to Power BI
- Pursuing or completed degree in Business Analytics, Business Administration, Supply Chain, Mathematics, or relevant field
- Flexible and adaptable to change; able to take high-level instructions to develop detailed approach to analytical assignments.
- Basic understanding of data analytics methodology
- Intermediate skillset in Excel, SharePoint, Power BI, and other MS O365 applications
- Intermediate math skills (e.g., statistics, algebra) and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills