Jobs Department: Information Technology
Senior Systems Engineer
About the job
Cloud technology continues to evolve at a rapid pace. We are looking for a rockstar (aka IT ninja) that embraces all the changes, has a forward-thinking approach, loves to research new solutions, and can hit the ground running as business requests and technical challenges are presented.
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
- Setup automated provisioning of Azure services, including, but not limited to, Virtual Machines, Virtual Networks, SQL databases, Azure Active Directory, Enterprise Applications, Recovery Service Vaults, and Intune
- Operational support and optimization of network/cloud/workstation/server/storage technologies to ensure continuous availability of secure and reliable network services
- Wireless assessments and optimization. Ensure connections are secure and provide a seamless login experience for all devices including IoT, guests, and corporate assets
- Plan and execute migrations from on-premises legacy systems to cloud native solutions
- Collaborate with site staff, project teams, as well as vendors, to implement changes to existing systems, and newly deployed systems for the business
- Research and recommend next generation tools to keep business operations efficient.
- Craft PowerShell scripts for bulk operations or specific tasks not available from the GUI
- Manage and tune cyber security tools to ensure effective remediation of threats in a timely manner
- Manage Azure AD Connect, including setup of custom attribute replication between AD and Azure AD. Plan and make recommendations towards goal of no longer needing a hybrid environment
- Occasional travel to several US and International facilities may be required for site hardware rollouts and site assessments
- Minimum 6 years of in-depth, hands-on experience in cloud, server, and network administration as the go-to person for managing the infrastructure. Any recent cloud or network certifications a plus.
- Extensive understanding and experience supporting an organization with clients that are Azure AD joined. Experience shifting organizations from hybrid to full cloud environments as a lead technical role.
- Expert knowledge configuring policies for enterprise O365 applications including Exchange Online, Teams, SharePoint Online, OneDrive
- Script Ninja skills for automation of operational tasks via PowerShell scripting, Power Automate, etc.
- Experience configuring “from the ground up” UTM firewalls such as Juniper, Fortinet, Checkpoint, Palo Alto etc., in a multi-site environment
- Strong understanding of wireless protocols and optimizations, topologies, and common network issues and how to resolve them
- Expert level experience creating policies and configuration profiles for mobile and computer management such as Intune, AirWatch, JAMF
- Experience implementing cyber security tools to protect organizations, including enterprise Anti-Virus, EDR, email protection, Intrusion Prevention, Zero Trust, SSL certificate requests, etc.
- Experience implementing and tuning modern cloud security products such as CASB, Shadow-IT risk mitigation, cloud-native SIEM
- Experience managing and securing cloud storage for an enterprise such as Drobox, Box, Google Drive, Egnyte etc.
- Strong analytical and research skills to resolve complex issues in a timely manner
- Agile, “can-do” team player with excellent communication skills. Has no problem rolling up the sleeves to find a way to complete the objective at hand.