Jobs Department: Legal
Duties & Responsibilities
The ideal candidate is highly organized and able to handle a large breadth of duties, easily moving from one task to another with significant experience with contracts, corporate filings and managing databases. In addition to the duties listed below, employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by the General Counsel.
- Managing Bumble Bee’s contract management system including managing user setup and administration, system administration and workflows, requests for review, contract lifecycles, running of reports, input of contract metadata, etc. Requires a general knowledge and ability to recognize typical contractual provisions (term, termination, renewal, non-compete, etc.).
- Collaborate with members of the Legal team, IT department and internal users on improving contract management system.
- Draft, review and revise standard contracts (e.g., NDAs, standard consultant agreements, etc.) with minimal attorney supervision.
- Manage trademark database, including working with US, Canadian and international marketing departments on filings, renewals, oppositions, and other trademark matters; review corporate and marketing materials from IP perspective. Act as a liaison with outside IP counsel for trademark.
- Prepare resolutions, officer’s certificates, compliance certificates, incumbency certificates and other corporate documents and other general assistance with corporate and finance transactions. Maintain board minutes, organizational documents, and corporate structure charts.
- Liaison with consumer affairs to track and manage consumer complaints and responses.
- Prepare, file, and maintain various corporate type filings.
- Interface with many internal groups (e.g., Finance, Tax, Marketing) and outside counsel to provide corporate information and general corporate assistance.
- Process and code legal invoices, review, file and organize various legal documents/communications.
- Assist with litigation matters, including preparation of discovery responses, subpoena responses and acting as liaison for other requests from outside counsel.
- Assist with corporate compliance and training matters, including FDA, antitrust, FCPA and other applicable laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-8 years’ experience within a small but fast paced corporate environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize issues and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment. The ability to work on projects independently or with little supervision. Flexibility and ability to adapt to constantly changing priorities. Exercising independent judgment and initiative and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to work with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Paralegal Certificate preferred, but not required.
Compensation & Benefits
The health, satisfaction and security of our team members and their families are important to us and an important part of reaching our organization’s goals. We offer a total rewards package that includes valuable and competitive compensation and benefit plans. These programs reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining top talent. The compensation for this role includes base salary and eligibility for an annual bonus based on company performance. All incentive plans are subject to change.
The pay for this role is $33 – $43/hour to be paid at an hourly rate. *Compensation will match the level of knowledge, education, skills, and experience applicable to the position.
We understand that each team member’s situation is unique, and so it is our intent to offer an overall benefits package that can be shaped and molded by each team member to fit their family’s needs. Our current benefits package, which is available to all full-time team members and their eligible dependents, includes:
- medical insurance
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- HSA & FSA
- life insurance and disability insurance
- and other voluntary benefits
We also offer time-off benefits including:
- paid time-off
- sick-flex time
- 12 company paid holidays