Jobs Department: Sales & Marketing
Account Manager – Foodservice
About the Company
In 1889 the Clover Leaf brand was first introduced to Canadians when the company began operating the first cannery on the Fraser River near Vancouver, British Columbia.
During our 130-year history in Canada, Clover Leaf has grown to be a well-loved brand of seafood products: tuna, salmon, sardines, oysters, mussels, clams, shrimp, crab, and surimi.
Clover Leaf Seafoods and our U.S. affiliate, Bumble Bee Foods, form one of North America’s largest branded seafood companies with $1B in annual revenue. In 2020, FCF Company Ltd acquired both companies. FCF is a privately held company and one of the world’s largest marine trading companies, with over 40 years of experience in the supply of tuna and other seafood. Under this new ownership, Clover Leaf Seafoods is well-positioned for future growth.
Our Beliefs and Mission
Delicious, protein-rich, versatile, convenient and affordable, we believe seafood is one of the heathiest foods on the planet.
As a company of seafood lovers, we’ve made it our mission to discover new, innovative, and more sustainable ways to source foods from —and inspired by—the ocean for our family of brands, and help others discover seafood goodness. Our mission is to lead the world as champions for sustainable fishing and advocate for fishers, setting tomorrow’s standards through our actions today.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, you will lead the national Sales & Operations process for the Foodservice, Convenience & Gas business. Your responsibilities will include forecasting/volume planning, demand planning, sales execution, marketing and revenue management. The primary objective of this role is to execute “best in class” performance on key company objectives with the development, implementation, and achievement of departmental goals and reporting targets.
Deliver the Results
- Volume and Net Sales objectives, along with leading customer development
- Forecasting, Account planning and execution accuracy
- Profit and volume attainment – improvement
Strengthen the Organization
Never happy with the status quo, you will be active in building strong working relationships with Sales, Trade/Marketing, Consumer Marketing, Finance, Demand Planning and external partners to focus on executing with excellence, measuring performance and providing corrective action.
To achieve sales and execution goals, you will assist our sales partners – brokers, distributors and contract feeders with attaining new business and maintaining/growing current business. You will attend annual sales meetings with priority customers and “ride-with” broker representatives in Foodservice and Convenience & Gas. You will attend trade shows where warranted.
- Create and execute sales plans in conjunction with demand planning, marketing, revenue management and finance to enhance sales results, which include:
- Forecasting: monthly, quarterly, annually
- Managing the Foodservice Broker groups nationally
- Promotion execution and coordination
- Sales budgeting process and input
- New product launch coordination
- Account planning
- Information Sharing
- Drive “best in class” planning and sales execution/expectations to maximize revenue, margin and share
- Negotiate and execute new pricing strategies with our Operator, Contract Feeder and Distributor partners
- Draft and submit RFP offers as required.
- Manage costing and implement tenders as required
- Manage new product introductions with brokers and priority accounts
- Monitor and report on key metrics within Foodservice and C&G and recommend necessary actions
- Develop annual volume plans in partnership with Finance, Marketing, and Demand Planning
- Identify, propose and execute solutions, as issues arise.
This position will require visits to business contacts and occasional travel (less than 10%).
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies
- A complete understanding of the Canadian Foodservice Sales process, with familiarization of negotiating pricing, trade spend, contracts and managing disputes.
- The ability to initiate and develop plans and programs with new and current Foodservice operators, distributors and brokers, as well as C&G Operators and Distributors.
- The ability to work independently and with little oversight and direction. Self-motivated.
- The ability to think beyond their immediate role and functional silo to take ownership of the end result.
- Proven ability in a high pace workplace to effectively achieve results across functions and organizations through collaboration, negotiation and influence.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and communication skills
- Fluent in English. Bilingual in English and French is an asset.
Technical skills, including MS Word, PowerPoint, and advanced Excel capability.
Education & Experience
- University degree
- 5+ years of experience in the Foodservice industry in a sales or key account management role.
Why Work for Clover Leaf Seafoods?
- We are a medium-sized company with a friendly, collaborative culture. We work efficiently as a team and provide an environment where individuals can significantly impact the business.
- As part of our “focus forward” value to build the future for our company, we are committed to trying new things and learning together as a team.
- We are proudly a “people-first” company, knowing that the best way to achieve our mission is through our people.
- You will have the opportunity to work on a Canadian-based market-leading brand.