Jobs Locations: Markham, Ontario
Claims & Collections Coordinator
About the Role
The Collections and Claims Coordinator (CCC) will work closely with, and provide support to the Credit, Collections, and Claims Supervisor (CCCS) to ensure all aspects of accounts receivable are running smoothly. The CCC will also be responsible for processing customer claims accurately and in a timely fashion by collaborating with employees at all levels within Clover Leaf, Bumble Bee, and our customers to provide clear and professional direction in the management of claim settlement. This will be achieved through the following responsibilities:
- Processing customer claims accurately, and within a timely fashion.
- Resolving any matters that may require adjustments to the original claim, including the documentation of any proof of adjustment submitted.
- Accurately processing customer claims using the Client Accounting Service (CAS) Deduction Management System.
- Clearing submitted claims within the standard, thirty-day cycle.
- Collaborating with internal Sales, Customer Service, and Logistics team members to promote resolution of problems/issues as they arise.
- Developing strong relationships within our Customer Community through professionalism and efficiently resolving concerns.
- Working with our Customers to provide necessary information with respect to agreements.
- Preparation of various monthly reports as required by the bank.
- A monthly review of all unprocessed claims in CAS to determine further action steps, if necessary.
- A monthly review of Promotion Allowance funding against closed customer claims will be conducted.
- If necessary, action steps are prepared against potential risks and, follow up on open matters are reviewed in detail.
- The CCC is expected to assist the CCCS with the following duties/responsibilities:
- Organize remittance advices and all supporting invoices relating to various promotional and logistics claims.
- Facilitate payments for outstanding invoices by sending out account statements and contacting customers, as needed.
- Accounts Receivable inbox management, which includes responding to both internal and external questions and inquiries.
- Perform daily reconciliation of outstanding claim balances between Client Accounting Services (CAS) and SAP.
- Acting as the primary back up for the CCCS, as needed (such as vacation days).
- The CCC follows all standard operating procedures to settle audit differences, including:
- Issuing credit adjustments to Customer accounts.
- Assisting with resolving short shipment issues.
- Proposing changes to internal customer master, pricing, and promotion allowance records.
- Providing guidance to propose amendments to the Customer master records, where necessary.
What You Need to Succeed
- Completion of Post-Secondary education (Certification, Diploma, or Degree) with a focus on accounting.
- Ability to identify causes of issues and acceptable solutions.
- Must have the ability to multi-task.
- Works well under pressure.
- Must be capable of meeting daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines.
- Excellent communication in written and spoken English.
- Experience working in an automated, and computerized, environment.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office software (specifically Word & Excel).
- Strong organizational abilities.
- Must be legally allowed to work in Canada.