Jobs Locations: Markham, Ontario
Marketing Manager, International
Who We Are
Bumble Bee® Seafoods International (BBSI), a division of Clover Leaf® Seafoods Corp., is one of Canada’s oldest packaged foods companies. We market our products in almost 50 countries. Our priority brands are Brunswick® and Bumble Bee® which command the #1 share position in many countries. Our offices are in Markham, Ontario and on the coast of the Bay of Fundy in New Brunswick.
For over 100 years, we have delivered delicious, healthy, and affordable canned seafood to consumers. Today, as the leading branded marketer of canned seafood in Canada and the Caribbean, we’re expanding our business, and there’s never been a better time to join our team and grow along with us.
When you join Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp., you become part of a company that, together with our parent company, Bumble Bee Seafoods, is working hard to find new ways to protect the ocean and those that rely on it. From fishers to our employees, to customers, consumers, and to the communities we serve, we base our actions on shared, transparent values that hold us accountable to each other and the world. You’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self through ongoing professional development in an inclusive environment.
About the Role
Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing, the Marketing Manager leads the execution of marketing plans across key markets in the Caribbean and Central America. Your mission will be to build the equity of our brands and deliver short and long-term share, revenue and profit targets.
As the Marketing Manager, you will contribute to the company’s continued growth by executing on the following responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with our exclusive distributor partners in the Caribbean and Central America. This will support building an understanding of local consumers & facilitate excellent execution of our marketing plans. The same applies to relationships with our external agency partners.
- Build strong working relationships with Sales/ Finance/Supply Chain/Operations to create one commercial team focused on executing with excellence.
- Positively contribute to the marketing team, increasing cohesiveness and taking personal accountability to help raise its effectiveness.
- Develop & execute annual marketing plans for our 2 priority brands across the Caribbean and Central American markets.
- Develop consumer communication campaigns across the marketing mix, in partnership with agencies and in-market distributor partners. Must have the ability to assess and influence creative to deliver “top-tier” communications.
- Manage & execute packaging development across multiple brands, products & languages.
- Ensure flawless execution of consumer communication across key touchpoints including digital/social, traditional media and in-store.
- Manage marketing budgets effectively ensuring programs are delivering to objectives.
What You Need to Succeed
- University degree in business.
- 5+ years of marketing experience required in the consumer-packaged goods industry. Strong preference for Food / Beverage experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, develop and deliver plans and programs to a successful outcome.
- Experience managing packaging design.
- Proven track record of executing integrated marketing campaigns across media channels.
- Strong command of digital marketing including websites, social, search, & influencer marketing.
- Technical skills including MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel and Nielsen Market Track.
- Experience working with market research suppliers to uncover actionable consumer insights.
- Culinary mindset. Has a passion for food and cooking and an appreciation for seafood.
- An exceptional team player. This is a lean and highly collaborative team.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and communication skills.
- Shows initiative. A self-starter, proactive and passionate. Thrives on delivering results.
- Curiosity and Creativity. Looks for new ways to do things and encourages creativity in others.
- Thinks beyond their immediate role and functional silo to take ownership of the end result.
- Analytical skills. Is comfortable working with data to provide actionable insights.
- Proven ability to effectively achieve results across functions and organizations through collaboration, negotiation, and influence.
- Good understanding of the retail environment and how to partner for growth with Retailers.
- Fluent in English. Spanish is an asset.