Jobs Locations: Remote
Sr. Director of Sales – Kroger
Manage and motivate the sales efforts of our Retail Food Brokers and directly with our customers to achieve company volume, share and profit goals within budgeted trade-spending parameters. Manage the success of Bumble Bee Seafoods at Kroger (including Harris Teeter) and all their banners.
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Team Members holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
- Develop and execute sales promotion plans to ensure volume, share and profitability goals are achieved using the most effective and efficient fiscal practices.
- Develop account relationships to establish a direct positive relationship with the customer apart from the broker relationship, to ensure communication channels remain open and Bumble Bee Seafoods is held in high regard.
- Manage the broker organization by monitoring market specific goals designed to attain company objectives.
- Cultivate professional relationships at all levels of the broker organization to assure expectations are broadly communicated and implemented.
- Ensure company retail merchandising standards are implemented by training retail sales personnel on product attributes, planogram objectives, shelf standards, rotation policies and point of sale
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of promotions to avoid un-accrued deductions and ensure accurate financial accounting.
- Execute targeted pricing levels to attain company profitability goals, while achieving at least margin parity with key competitors.
- Aggressively manage deductions to resolution to achieve outstanding balance goals.
- Understand basic Category Management “Best Practices” and utilize these principals in fact-based selling to establish Bumble Bee Seafoods as the leading national seafood supplier in North America.
- Review business through regular analysis of syndicated consumption data and sales, by customer, segment and item, to identify trends and develop action plans to correct, or capitalize on those trends as needed. Use all key performance indicators to evaluate the health of the business monthly. Understand competitive, price and merchandise relationships and develop business plans accordingly.
- Execute new item introductions utilizing all sales materials and tools to meet or exceed company distribution goals.
- Communicate with customer service, production planning and trade marketing personnel, volume requirements for new and existing products through the completion of accurate monthly forecasts and, as needed, the submission of item alerts for produced-to-order, or large promotional quantities.
- Partner with Marketing/Shopper Marketing to develop best-in-class programs to drive traffic, sales, and profitable growth to the Category and Bumble Bee.
- Communicate and enforce company policies in a fair and equitable manner with all customers.
- Conduct business in a highly professional and ethical manner with internal stakeholders, brokers, and customers.
- Ensure accurate and timely expense management when traveling for the company as outlined by company policy.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS DESIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing preferred.
- 7-10 years of Sales and broker management experience.
- Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office and Trade Promotion Management software.
- Strong analytical mind with knowledge of syndicated data to use in a selling platform.
- Able to travel at least 25% of the time for business.
- Kroger experience preferred.
- Both direct customer calling, and broker management experience also preferred.
Director Customer Marketing
We are looking for a proactive, collaborative, and results oriented Director of Customer Marketing to join the Bumble Bee Customer Marketing team. The Director of Customer Marketing will be responsible for translating national brand strategies, marketing plans, and insights into sales strategies and tactics that maximize revenue by driving volume, market share, and margin with our trading partners. S/he will be accountable for partnering with Brand Management and Field Sales to drive market execution across multiple customers, channels (Retail, Mass, Club, Drug, Food Service, Dollar, E-Commerce, Military, etc.), and product segments. The ideal candidate will possess a blend of trade marketing, consumer marketing, and sales acumen (in the CPG space) with a knack for analyzing the business landscape, creative problem solving, effective negotiation skills, and taking action to deliver results. This individual must be prepared to skillfully collaborate with key stakeholders to create an environment of seamless connection between the Bumble Bee brand and our customer’s needs.
The Director of Customer Marketing will be responsible for partnering with Brand Management and Field Sales to deliver budgeted P&L performance and commercial health metrics on the Bumble Bee brand specifically for the canned tuna business but could also work across multiple product segments and commercial channels. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (brand managers, customers, suppliers, and others) to facilitate seamless connections between our brands / products and our consumers.
- Translates national brand strategies, marketing plans, and insights into sales strategies and tactics that maximize revenue by driving volume, market share, and margin with our trading partners.
- Co-Develop price and trade promotion strategies, trade merchandising plans and major trade initiatives. Responsible for review and collaborative approval with Sales of Customer Business Plans in Trade Promotion System.
- Responsible for management of the product pricing strategy relative to COGS movement and trade marketing optimization in order to drive company growth. Balance profit, volume, and share objectives in order to deliver long term growth.
- Responsible to monitor competitive tracking via Nielsen and marketplace feedback, competitive reports, broker reports, merchandising reports, local market economic factors, trade changes and trends and development of strategy to stay best in class.
- Lead initiatives including agreement with sales management on items to rationalize, as well as working with field sales to identify outlets for discontinued items.
- Act as strategic liaison between Brand Marketing and Sales – translate brand / product strategies into effective account specific business plans AND champion customer / sales needs within the Brand Marketing team.
- Maintain extensive customer knowledge including go-to-market strategies, performance trends, costs of doing business, “hot buttons,” and promotional vehicles.
- Collaborate with Sales and Supply Chain on Demand Planning initiatives and SKU level forecasting.
- Responsible for managing New Item Distribution funds including strategy, evaluating field requests based on payout levels, and budget tracking.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS DESIRED
- Candidate must possess a BS/BA and an MBA would be a plus.
- Looking for 7+ years of consumer-packaged goods sales experience at least 3 years spent in a trade marketing, brand marketing, or revenue management role. Sales and / or category insight experience a plus.
- Strong analytical skills in pulling, analyzing and drawing insights and recommendations from consumption data (i.e. IRI / Nielsen).
- Must be able to operate in a lean entrepreneurial environment and be proficient in computer skills, particularly Excel and Powerpoint Presentations.
- Other characteristics necessary include strong analytical skills, strong negotiation capability, financial acumen, creativity, solution and action-oriented, ability to work alone as well as in teams, and results orientated.
- Self-starting, highly energetic style, with an ability to work effectively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
Sales Operations Manager
The role of the Sales Operations Manager in Bumble Bee will be to support a broad spectrum of sales efforts of the sales teams across the country to achieve company volume, share and profit goals by providing sales & revenue based operational, project management and analytical support.
The responsibilities of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or
imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees
holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by
- Analysis of IRI data and interpretation to key stakeholders
- Trends, ROI’s, Business Analysis
- Recommendations & Overviews
- Learning the new PowerBI reporting and analytics tool
- Sales Portal (Fishbowl) Administrator: Gathering and Posting daily and monthly reports
- Sales Budgets:
- Processing/coding invoices in SAP
- Coding / Tracking sales deductions (Customer Marketing Budget/CMM)
- Monthly Management Review (MMR) Reporting & Presentation Material Support: Updating Sales Reports, Timely Collection, and Monitoring completion
- Commissions: Monthly confirmation, support, or backup detail to accompany brokerage payments + research on brokerage questions/issues.
- Working directly with finance team.
- Quarterly Business Planning Summary (BPS) update report
- Master Data Management: Continued Training on makeup of Customer Hierarchy Maintenance
- Cognos: In-depth training and beginning support of the Sales and Brand Team
- Ad-hoc assistance and report construction
- CAS Training: Early Stages, help support Business Users
- Data Analytics “Synapse Project”: Working on data retrieval and integration
- Administrative: sales team communications / commercial team mtg set up
- Misc: Team birthdays/anniversaries
- Broker: Update-maintain broker-customer roster
- Broker Update: Communications & Updates
- Contact List: Maintain Summary Detail outline
- New Item: NID Set up
- Work w/Marketing Communication Details
- Work w/Trade Team: Slotting Needs & Budgets
- Monthly Manual C&S Spin Reports for EDI
- Responsible for entering sales forecasting information
- As Data becomes available, will become subject expert on building and maintaining Sales Drive reporting and analytics needs (Many Month project +)
- Key contributor over the next few months for the CAS Upgrade from v12 to v15. Will work hand in hand with David and team on the project roadmap, integration, testing, etc. (Likely beginning in the next month and running until at least October; Need to be well versed in the tool to take over continued support of the system at the upgrades conclusion)
Qualifications and Skills Desired:
- Position requires a Bachelor’s degree or higher in business or related field
- 4+ years CPG work experience
- Category Experience: Preferred
- Project Manage Experience or Willingness to Support Project Details/Executions
- Analytical and Financial Experience
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work with cross-functional team members easily and effectively
- Computer proficiencies; Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Power Point, Microsoft Teams programs
- Knowledge of SAP administration is desirable
- Good rapport builder with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in an Adhoc environment with new opportunities and changes daily
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must be able to communicate clearly and concisely with various levels of the business in non-technical terms